Sales Specialist - Data Center
Location:Rolle, Vaud, Switzerland
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
In this position, you will be driving the success of Cisco in selling Data Center products and technologies with measurable sales objectives to our customers in Western-Switzerland (French Speaking part).
You will be quick to find opportunities, able to handle people and prioritize opportunities, highly capable as a trusted consultant and mentor to salespeople and committed to improving the proficiency of the team.
You will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota and you will plan sales strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations, and close the business.
In this job, you will:
- Understand the Total Addressable Market (TAM) for the Data Center architecture. Based on the Cisco TAM Capture Rate (CR), you contribute to the Western-Switzerland strategy and execution plan how to address the market opportunity.
- Lead architecture plan execution, market development and new product introductions through field team coordination. You effectively communicate and educate Cisco and Partner sales teams.
- Prepare competitive offers, promotions, and enablement programs cross functionally, with our Business Units and Marketing departments
- In a very close interaction with the generalist sales teams creates, you expand the architecture funnel and help to close opportunities. During the customer engagement, you validate the customer needs and involve Technical Specialist to further explore the opportunity.
- Create and maintain strong relationship with the key customer stakeholders in the respective technology buying centers.
- Provide the competitive differentiation into existing deals with proper technology and pricing positioning
- Focus on the lighthouse accounts and contribute to the creation of successful use cases
- Understand the partner TAM CR for Western-Switzerland, work on partner acceleration plans, own the partner technology education and technology business enablement.
- Work closely with Account Managers and Regional Sales Managers on proper technology visibility in the funnel.
- Spend significant time on own education – technical, business skills, vertical knowledge and other soft skills.
Who You'll Work With
As a Sales Specialist at Cisco you will work in the Data Center sales team, and you will act as a customer-focused technology sales professional who help customer to benefit from what our Data Center portfolio can offer. You will have a direct sales accountability for specific opportunities and you will be demonstrating knowledge across the broad Data Center portfolio, including software and services. You will partner with Account and Pre-sales teams. You will be in direct touch with our customers and partners and will partner with other colleagues from different organizations supporting the business from across Switzerland and EMEA.
Who You Are
- You are a technology expert with a strong business acumen
- You have contextual knowledge – local market evolution, global industry trends, major competitors value proposition
- You have Consultative skills to properly identify customer needs
- You have an effective communication, presentation and influential skills to position Cisco value
- You have market development skills and the ability to map Cisco strategy into local context
- You have a self-driving character & Entrepreneurial mindset
Proven experience in sales and preferably in the Data Center space (server, storage, data center network, virtualization).
Excellent written and verbal communications skills in French and English combined with great listening and presentation skills.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in technology or business from a reputable University.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.