Sales Specialist, Data Center
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Why You'll Love Cisco:
Are you ready to change the World? Do you want to be passionate about your employer and the brand you represent? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with expert mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. We care about our customers, enjoy having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in your community. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
This opportunity is for an experienced sales professional within our Global Virtual Sales and Engineering Organization to drive product, services and software sales in the assigned territory/region.
As a Sales Specialist (SS), you will be responsible for identifying, growing and executing Data Center opportunities in an assigned territory/region. You will drive business by working closely with our sales teams and partners to employ a strategic, consultative approach to meeting customer’s needs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with virtual sales colleagues, field sales, partners and marketing personnel to identify, develop & build sales pipeline
- Identify & build sales pipeline through qualifying leads, prospecting, and penetrating new and existing accounts
- Effectively team with Field Sales to drive product/service revenue and achieve/exceed territory sales goals
- Leverage in-depth customer knowledge, product and technical knowledge and industry trends during sales process
- Coach others to help them understand key markets, market dynamics, and relevant strategies in the data center market
- Build high-value, strategic and consultative relationships with critical clients and bring awareness of surrounding ecosystem.
- Demonstrate portfolio knowledge through speaking engagements at EBC/CBC type events
- Maintain an in-depth expertise on Cisco’s Data Center portfolio and be the go-to expert on the team
- Proactively engage in building strong relationships, openly negotiate complex deals and seek to install genuine trust for long term business impact within a complex customer/partner environment.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to track current/potential customer interactions and drive progression of opportunities through the sales cycle
- Direct lead generation and follow-up activities based on prospecting, marketing events, and inquiries
Who You'll Work With
You will partner/collaborate with virtual sales colleagues, field sales, partners and marketing to drive growth across the product suite in your assigned territory.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in similar industry or adjacent industry, preferably at a vendor or competitor
- 3+ years selling specific technology
- Goal-oriented, strategic thinker with a strong technical aptitude
- Proven successful at maintaining relationships and influencing account managers, specialists, channels and C-level relationships
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills. The role requires the ability to understand and clearly articulate the business benefits (value proposition) of our products and services
- Experience with Salesforce.com
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.