Sales Operations Strategy Analyst
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Service Provider
Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you help customize the direction by ensuring our organizational challenges and opportunities are driving towards the best results.
In this highly collaborative role, we will put your analytical skills to the test by building dynamic territory and revenue models to help build equitable sales patches. You will be relied on as the specialist in sales territory planning, understanding the best ways to segment all of our Americas sales teams. You will be responsible for managing relationships with executive sales leadership while communicating with local sales management. Organization and attention to detail are key in this role, as is the ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively. Experience in a startup environment will serve you well, as you will be required to tackle a variety of projects at a fast pace. You are looking to expand your analytical portfolio and are passionate about learning to enable your teammates into success.
What you will do:
- Partner with sales management and become a trusted advisor. Do this by providing deep quantitative insights matched with thoughtful operational process that is based on understanding of key business drivers.
- Build rep territory and segmentation models; act as primary advisor on sales coverage to Sales Leadership.
- Produce & automate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting; lend insight to the reporting.
- Develop deep understanding for existing Sales and Sales Operations processes, including rep territory tools and lead routing of data management, forecasting, sales opportunities, dashboards and reports.
- Partner with Sales Operations teams on developing process improvements to standardize, automate and optimize central processes in a scalable approach
- Partner with Sales Strategy to help with quota setting and headcount planning process.
- Use your past experience driving reporting, insights and analytical rigor to mentor teammates and develop peers.
- Team-up with leadership to discover and build new planning and insights projects.
- A curious, quick learner, who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and keeps projects moving forward, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Energetic, personable, and comfortable working under tight deadlines. team player: works collaboratively and optimally across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
- You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- Able to Disagree, Decide, and Commit. You listen to understand different opinions and allow them to influence the direction.
- Able to deal with sophisticated problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format
- Results Driven. You are resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships.
- You commit to earning our team’s trust every day through your actions and transparency.
- 3+ years proven experience in Sales Operations or other Sales Support functions, with specific experience in territory management and headcount strategy
- Do you have experience with the technical aspects of Salesforce, particularly in reporting and hierarchy management?
- Do you have strong analytical experience in financial modeling and data analysis
- The ability to think globally and strategically
- Past experience executing on strategic processes
- Can prioritize tasks efficiently & solve problems independently.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of sales and business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; you are comfortable making recommendations to sales leadership.
- Familiarity with complexities caused by sales cycles in different countries.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with other departments.
- A good sense of humor.
- Strong experience in Excel; SQL and technical aspects of data a strong plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.