Sales Intern - Warsaw, Poland
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Working hours: Flexible
Salary: Well-paid internship + benefits
Length: 12 months
Start date: June 2023
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking — transforming how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. We deliver intelligent networks and technology architectures built on integrated products, services, and software platforms to fuel our customers' businesses.
We are actively seeking candidates for an internship in the Sales organization at our office in Warsaw, Poland. Ideally the internship will last 1 year with a possibility of extending to another 6 months.
Candidates need to have an active student status for the whole duration of the internship.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience working within a sales organization for a big multinational company.
The role will allow you to act as a virtual account manager for medium size customers with the possibility of developing them, strategic planning and ongoing collaboration.
The role also includes:
- Taking active part in winning Clients and contracts
- Maintaining relationships with Customers and Partners
- Executing established sales targets and reporting
- Contact with Customers via digital channels (Video, Mail, Chat)
- Assign sales leads to the partners and track the status
- Maintain demo product shipments and returns
- Prepare standard confirmation letters for the partners and customers
- Collect information and reports back from/to local and regional sales teams
- Maintain and develop information related to partners and customers databases
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Prepare newsletters to customers
- Currently enrolled in Master's studies preferably in Foreign Languages, Marketing, PR & communications, business economics or other social sciences departments.
- Excellent command of English (fast and accurate communication in English is required on a daily basis) and fluent Polish
- Excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- The ability to be detail-focused, able to track and follow up with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent command of MS Office
- Eligibility to work on the
- Be a true self-starter, conscientious and proactive, with the ambition and energy to succeed in a fastmoving and dynamic international organization
- Be confident, resilient and committed, with a highly developed team spirit
- Have a can-do pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Enjoy the challenges and opportunities provided by new technologies
- You are able to live and work in Poland without any additional Visa sponsorship from Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.