Sales Engineering Manager
Location:Bellevue, Washington, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Service Provider
Location: Bellevue/Seattle Washington
Why you'll love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Are you driven, always stepping up and taking initiative? Have people, customer, and industry focused technical sales acumen with a background of knowledge around Cisco, its partners, the market, and the industry? Enjoy collaborating with Sales Leadership (VP, OD, RM, etc.), Technical Leadership and extended team experience to build and align technical and business strategies to drive revenue growth? Lead a Team of world class Systems Engineers focused on defining the future for one of top Mobility Providers in the World? If so, we invite you to apply to the Systems Engineering Manager role for our Americas Mobility and Wireline Team.
Who You'll Work With:
As Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) You will be leading a Team of Systems Engineers focused on the Americas Mobility & Wireline Business. The SEM plays a vital role for our Systems Engineering (SE) Team by providing technical vision and tying it to strategic business goals. This individual is regularly sought after for a trusted advisory role, both internally by the account team and externally by our customers, partners and industry leaders. You will be working with Cisco Directors, Regional Managers, Account managers, Systems Engineers and CX to plan sales strategy, drive programs and initiatives, and continually improve the customer experience in order to drive loyalty to Cisco. The Americas Mobility & Wireline Team has an incredible culture built upon Focused Execution, Technical Excellence, Collaboration and Fun!
Who You Are:
You are a people-focused technical sales professional who provides technical direction and business guidance to the Cisco Sales Team. You drive revenue through account planning, resource planning and allocation. You actively develop and maintain a team of high-performing Systems Engineers and continually seek innovative methods for improving team performance. You help meet regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and leading day to day account-level activities. You can establish collaborative relationships built on trust and dedication; developing relationships at multiple levels within the business. You Remain abreast of Mobility and Networking Industry directional shifts, new solutions, and the product and solution competitive landscape. You have the ability to communicate a clear technical vision and develop a strategy that encourages and empowers the team to execute within a common framework.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Client Director and Regional Manager (RM) to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends
- Possess a strong technical and business knowledge with complementary skills to understand the customers’ business drivers and align to Cisco solution.
· Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including experienced executive communication and presentation skills.
- Create a Franchise Plan by compiling SE feedback and adding own knowledge of local market demand
- Align resources to deliver on commitments and make things happen
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriate
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress
- Understand mechanisms for forming team capacity and improving team performance.
- Motivate Personal and Organizational Development:
- Interact with business units to provide support for your Teams and Customer
You have Technical Acumen:
- Advanced understanding of inter-networking and Mobility industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Translate Cisco's vision for the future into a compelling value proposition for the team
- Advanced understanding of competitive product and solution landscape and can articulate trade-offs between Cisco and competitor products
- Ability to facilitate the critical issue of post-sales customer satisfaction issues
- Develop team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives
- Understand how to manage and lead technical people and the associated process of running a region
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver on the team's goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external candidate pools
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including expert executive communication and presentation skills
- Expectations for this role:
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent with 7-10+ years related technical sales industry experience.
- 1-3 years technical management experience (or proven leadership of technical teams).
We Are Cisco