AppDynamics Senior Sales Engineer
Location:Offsite, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
About the Role
Join a team of record breakers and progress more than you’ve ever done before - helping customers transform themselves into digital first companies.
At AppDynamics, the EMEA business has grown from 6 people and $5m revenue to 250 people delivering $126m in revenue in four years, and we are not slowing down.
The Sales Engineering team at AppDynamics work in partnership with sales to provide world class pre-sales technical support to our customers throughout the sales cycle. As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for building and delivering product demonstrations that directly align AppDynamics’ solutions to customer pain points, and for leading proof of value and business-value assessments, often in the customer’s production environment.
Excellent Sales Engineers are a rare breed, and at AppDynamics we hire only the best. We hire less than 1% of the people who walk through our door - but if that doesn’t put you off, you might just have what it takes.
Only apply if:
- You’re super smart, with a great degree from a great university
- You constantly look for solutions to problems, and how to solve business pains
- You’re a natural champion builder and go the extra mile to add real value
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You’re passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- You’re a multitasker, able to work on multiple opportunities and POVs concurrently
- You’re highly coachable with a strong desire to grow and excel in your career
About your experience:
You have a strong track record in a development, sales engineer or customer-facing role, ideally in application performance management or Cloud/Big Data technologies. You have experience and knowledge of:
- Basic networking components and concepts and how to troubleshoot issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as ASP.NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
- Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
- Web servers, common relational databases and SQL
- OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analysing, and optimising complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco in 2017 for a record breaking multiple. This acquisition reinforces Cisco's strategic direction and its shift to software-centric solutions, and provides AppDynamics with the resources and support to further accelerate the hyper growth of the business, and the career opportunities for our world-class teams.