Sales Director, GVSE Americas US Public Sector
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking
Cisco Sales is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
Who you'll Work With
Global Virtual Sales and Engineering
GVS is a sales organization that has an unprecedented opportunity for innovation and growth within Cisco Sales. This organization is responsible for selling to customers virtually (ie, remotely) and scaling the sales motion through digital capabilities, partner ecosystems, and recruiting/developing the next generation virtual sales talent. GVSE is a global organization across the major geographies including the Americas (US, Canada, LatAm), EMEAR (Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Asia Pacific. See informational video about GVSE Americas below:
Cisco seeks a proven leader to fill a critical senior leadership position in its GVSE Americas organization. This person will be responsible for delivering on sales goals in the US Public Sector Theater by leading the virtual sales team accountable for Product, Services & Software in Sales. The position will report directly to the GVSE Americas Vice President.
In the role, the virtual sales director will establish close relationships with the Public Sector Senior leadership stakeholders and collaborate on building business & sales plans to achieve near term and long term sales growth. As a 2nd level sales leader leading a $1.4B+ business, this role requires a proven track record of leading large scale field and/or virtual/inside sales organizations. The person must have experience with recruiting, building and developing high-performance teams, including early-in-career talent. The candidate will need to be comfortable engaging at a senior level with partners, customers and executive leadership. Executive presence, strong communication skills, and influence/negotiation skills are necessary skills for this role. This opportunity will give the candidate of choice a well-rounded business foundation for potential career advancement leading large scale teams within a cross-functional business environment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the SLED segment (State, Local and EDucation) and US Federal entities. The candidate will have knowledge of industry trends around S+CC (Smart and Connected Cities), Interactive Education, Physical Security, Network Modernization, Cybersecurity, Citizen and Employee Engagement, etc. In addition, the sales director should be well versed in government funding programs and initiatives at both the Federal and Local levels and understand the Public-Sector customer buying processes in both SLED and FED. It is also important for the candidate to be knowledgeable on routes-to-market and use cases that drive customer value and successful outcomes.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven track record of building and maintaining a winning culture of a large scale field and/or virtual sales organizations in the Public-Sector market segment
- Ability to earn trust and respect from executive leadership teams via influence and by interacting at a senior level
- Understanding of the operational indicators necessary to forecast, produce and exceed short/long terms sales growth targets while keeping the teams’ overall E:B within the companies expectations,
- Experience in implementing effective sales coverage models in accordance to market trends and needs
- Familiarity with hiring, developing and retaining talent (including early-in-career talent) in a virtual sales environment
- First-hand knowledge of digital, analytics & A.I. based sales and marketing tools to increase seller effectiveness and productivity
- Broad knowledge and best practice insights of sales processes, organizational structures, management practices and talent development.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) and the ability/affinity for communicating with customers/partners at all levels of an organization.
- Software, subscription, annuities, XaaS selling experience a Plus
- 10+ years of sales and sales leadership experience
- BS/BA in Business, MBA or equivalent preferred
What You'll Do
• Lead team members and leaders in a highly dynamic, cross-matrixed organization
• Align strategies/responsibilities/activities with field sales stakeholders along with partner, marketing, adoption and digitization peers
• Build trust and strong relationships with field leadership and earning a ‘seat at the table’
• Develop and execute go-to-market/coverage strategies to ensure maximum market penetration, revenue and profit.
• Manage day-to-day running of the business including forecasting, team meetings, quarterly business reviews, etc. to achieve month, quarter, and annual targets
• Accelerate growth of software and service annuities and subscriptions
• Coordinate the development and implementation of new campaigns, programs and tools for our virtual sales motions across the Americas
• Build and develop the leadership team, collaborate and align with other strategic planning entities within and outside the organization
• Partner engagement and enablement to scale routes to market
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.