Sales Development Representative
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Who You'll Work With
Here at Cisco Cloud Security, we hire the best, sharp, and most motivated professionals to join our awesome Sales Development Team. We believe in promoting from within, and with the current growth plans and the acceleration, we're seeing in our business, strong performance in this role could lead to promotion to an inside sales executive position. In this highly-prized role, excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success as you'll be working with our top-tier account executives to build pipeline for new sales territories. We're looking for professionals with strong interpersonal and follow-up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- 15-20% lead generation by setting qualified meetings for our Sales Representatives through cold calling; 100+ phone calls a day REQUIRED.
- Rest is inside sales closing like a normal sales rep
- Help build and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, sending emails, strategic cold calling)
- Conduct high-level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Master the Cisco Cloud Security Selling Methodology
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
Who You Are
You are a HUNTER! You flourish with hunting for new opportunities, engaging busy decision-makers and CLOSING them on high-quality meetings? You are highly competitive, hard-charging and passionate about winning.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- A proven track record of winning
- Ability to work in a multifaceted, team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas quickly and in a compelling way
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Salesforce.com experience
- Has a long-term career path focused on becoming a high performing Account Executive
- Fluent speaking in English, Spanish, and/or Portuguese is mandatory
At Cisco, each person brings their outstanding talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!