Sales Development Rep
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What we do
OpenDNS was acquired by Cisco in August 2015. Our product is now known as Cisco Umbrella. Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defence against threats on the internet wherever users go. Because it’s built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete visibility into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users. Because Umbrella is delivered from the cloud, it is the easiest way to protect every user in minutes.
Who you'll work with
In this role, you'll be working with our Security Account Managers to research and build pipeline in new sales territories. In this highly prized role, excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. We're looking for professionals with strong organisational and follow-up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a second European language will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you.
What you'll do
Set qualified meetings for our Security Account Managers through cold calling and strategic outreach. Help build and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory. Research and build new and existing accounts. Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts. Master the Cisco Cloud Security Selling Methodology. Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and much, much more.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Prior sales or business development experience is essential (3+ years).
- Maturity and Professionalism - BDRs work with cross functional teams from different backgrounds and hierarchy on a daily basis. Integrity is required.
- Highly Motivated - SDRs are set KPIs, these include number of calls made, total pipeline generated, total meetings set. To be professionally persistent is crucial for success.
- Self-Driven and Self-Starting - Each SDR must have the ability to remain focused without influence from others or situations.
- Coachability - SDRs work in a fast-paced environment. Willingness to adapt as the company and the team grows and expands is necessary.
- Self-Aware - SDRs are continuously engaged with different personalities from different walks of life and cultures - via email, phone and face2face. Empathy and regard are compulsory at all times.
- An Active Listener - SDRs speak with prospects and customers on a daily basis. Listening to the right buying sign is vital to our success.
- Resilience - SDRs face numerous challenges and obstacles. Recovering from a setback quickly is crucial.
- Team Player - SDRs are a component of a large and a complex team. Collaboration is critical for success.
- Communication - SDRs are required to communicate complex ideas quickly and in a compelling way. ‘Therefore, excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential.
- Management & Organisation - SDRs often work on multiple campaigns and different time zones. Readiness to adapt is important.
- Lead Generation - SDRs must have the ability to prospect from warm and cold leads. Appreciation and understanding a sales process are important.
- Linguistic – SDRs engage with customers, prospects and colleagues from all over EMEAR. The ability to read, write and speak fluently in English and a second European language is essential. Priority: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch. Additionally, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- IT Adept – Salesforce, MS tools; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, LinkedIn, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, 6Sense
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!