Sales Business Development Manager
Location:Seattle, Washington, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Sales Business Development Manager
The Global Partner Organization’s Partner GTM Acceleration (PGA) team, is a collection of high performing experts who develop globally scalable partner go-to-market strategies focused on:
- Identifying, developing, and optimizing route to market (RTM) opportunities
- Capturing partner mind/wallet share through enablement, incentives, and practice building
- Building an extended ecosystem capable of delivering customer outcomes
- Representing thought leadership externally and the ‘voice of the partner’ internally to various Cisco functions – including, but not limited to, Business Units and WW Sales.
As a result of our work, Cisco is better equipped to:
- Scale sales and accelerate time to revenue for key products / architectures
- Clearly understand partner business models and the economic impact of Cisco decisions
- Improve RTM value exchanges & define unique roles various RTMs play in Cisco’s success
- Accelerate the market adoption of key technologies and acquisition integrations
What You'll Do
This role will specifically support Cisco’s expansion of key RTMs (e.g. Partners, Cloud Marketplaces, Public Marketplaces, Co-Selling, etc...) This role will interlock with Cisco’s Business Unit product management teams to continuously map offers into various RTMs. This is a part of the RTM Harmonization section of developing a GTM strategy.
Besides RTM knowledge, this individual will work on the same team as the respective PGA Architecture SBDMs. Together they will develop the Market Dynamics, Offer Creation, Enablement, Behaviors, and Execution sections of the GTM strategy. Thus, success requires a mix of technical / product depth combined with very strong business and communication skills. This specific role requires knowledge of Compute / UCS Server / Intersight / Cloud Networking offers.
This role requires significant cross-functional work with business units, marketing, finance, sales teams, regional channel teams and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
- Understand business & technical uses cases to increase RTM investment in Cisco
- Understand offer roadmaps and insert the RTM perspective into new product introductions
- Influence prioritization of Channel / RTM projects and influence where to invest for the greatest ROI
- Develop a ‘point of view’ on financial impacts, business trends, and new partner opportunities
- Evangelize critical RTMs and help update assets for partner consumption
- Create enablement and practice building frameworks
- Develop and/or influence budget proposals and business cases
- Be a global point of contact and proactively interlock best practices / case studies across regions
- Interface with internal stakeholders and external key contacts
- Be a Channel / RTM subject matter expert for relevant acquisition integrations
- Regularly interlock with field sales / channel teams to uncover new strategic needs and subsequently execute those via pilots, and lead Tiger Teams to drive those initiatives.
Who We Are Looking For
While candidates are not required to have all these experiences / skills, the ideal candidate skill set will include:
- Excellent intellectual and analytical skills - ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new ways to solve problems. Prior management consulting, business development, or strategy & planning experiences are desired.
- Experience in field sales roles (e.g. direct, channels, marketplaces)
- A keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments
- Financial aptitude with Excel business case modeling and/or budget development
- Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs, and processes at scale
- An understanding of strategy, industry, and market concepts (e.g. TAM, Competition)
- Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills – an ability to graphically represent new ideas and concepts to executive leaders
- Subject matter, and technical expertise in relevant Cisco solutions
- BS / BA or equivalent in a related field
- Top MBA is strongly preferred
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.