Sales Business Development Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Why you'll love Cisco:
Are you ready to change the World? Do you want to be passionate about your employer and the brand you represent? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You will work alongside leaders, partner with expert mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As part of a global organization, you'll be the regional lead for sales resources in the Americas with responsibilities that include lead response setup, execution, tracking and analytics for the GVS-US Public Sector. Your team will collaborate with Cisco resellers, distributors and our customers to drive business’ outcomes for our customers. You'll partner with two other Regional leaders in East and West, the GVS Sales Director and four GVS Sales Managers to enable and execute a consistent approach to market. You will work with functional support teams including SE, IT, Sales Ops, partners and marketing and be responsible for building strong internal and customer focused relationships within a matrix environment. You will be responsible for aligning to the leadership team’s Initiatives and reporting and executing on required milestones and execution.
Regional Lead Responsibilities:
- Meeting the overarching pilot goals outlined by the Smart and Connected Cities Team on sales of IoT Product SKUs in SLED Territory.
- Develop & build sales pipeline through qualifying leads, cold prospecting, and penetrating new accounts
- Focus on achieving revenue goals; forecasting revenue accurately on a monthly, and quarterly schedule
- Effectively team with internal & external partners to drive product/service revenue and achieve/exceed territory sales goals
- Track current/potential customer interactions and drive progression of opportunities through the sales cycle
- Direct lead generation and follow up activities based on prospecting, marketing events, and inquiries
- Work with training to schedule necessary onboarding for Technology, Process, Product, and Partner training
- Monthly performance monitoring with Pod Manager –SLAs, lead quality, SFE, etc.
- Weekly meetings to report findings, compare with other regions, secure approvals to make revisions, and establish long term goals/changes
- Post pilot recommendations – based on continuous data collection, prepare recommendations for a global rollout – short term and long term issue resolution and resource changes
Who You'll Work With
The Global Virtual Sales organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and is the talent engine for Cisco Sales with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth.
We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions to drive relevant business outcomes. We are a global, dynamic team that brings excitement to the sales environment every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world.
You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt to respond to market changes and are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years sales and operations experience
- You are a driven and motivated self-starter
- You thrive in ambiguity, where you can help to craft and implement processes and procedures
- You are passionate about technology and have a technical aptitude
- You demonstrate a consistent record of sales and operational success
- You have effective business planning skills, pipeline review, resource & partner management skills
- You possess strong relationship building skills
- You effectively collaborate with various groups and cross functional teams
- You have a knack for analyzing data and thinking building strategies based on that information
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.