Sales Business Development Manager - UK Healthcare
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Global Industry Solutions Group (ISG) and in-country leadership team to prioritize areas and customers with the greatest opportunity
- Demonstrating a phenomenal understanding of the role and interactions of agencies at the “centre” of the NHS including – Dept of Health, NHS England/Improvement, NHS Digital and NHSX
- Demonstrating an understanding of NHS priorities, policies and strategies
- Using existing relationships within the NHS to drive tighter alignment between Cisco and NHS priorities and policies
- Demonstrating an understanding of health and care integration, being able to articulate technology’s role
- Leading and orchestrating Cisco and partner resources to identify & qualify opportunities, build and close deals, and achieve product and services pipeline and bookings targets
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships at the executive/business decision-maker level
- Developing and presenting compelling business cases to customers, maintaining expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case, including the drivers of cost, benefit, and risk
- Partnering closely with the Healthcare Enterprise Architecture team to align the technology architecture to the customer’s desired business outcomes
- Ensuring customer success by orchestrating resources to assist the customer in realizing the full value of their technology investment
- Leading multiple customer engagements and prioritize based on Cisco’s ISG Healthcare strategy
- Engaging, advising and mentoring sales teams on Healthcare business imperatives and business value-based consultative selling approaches
Who You'll Work With
The Global Industry Solutions Group (ISG) is looking for a high-energy, experienced Sales Business Development Manager (SBDM) who can help Cisco’s UK Healthcare team to drive new engagements with the NHS, using industry knowledge and relationships with IT and non-IT decision-makers. You will be familiar with NHS imperatives and strategies and be capable of leading and collaborating with the Cisco Account Teams, Product Sales Specialists and ecosystem partners to orchestrate resources through the sales lifecycle, including post-sale adoption and customer success. You will focus on identifying, qualifying, and leading consultative engagements with business executive sponsors in targeted accounts.
Reporting to ISG’s Global Director of Education and Healthcare, your primary objective is to build relationships with local field teams, identify areas of greatest opportunity, develop strategies to target and develop relationships with organisations across the NHS and the wider UK health and care sector. You will be a part of the Global Healthcare ISG Team and will collaborate closely with the Global ISG BDMs to ensure alignment with our Global Strategy for Healthcare, including strategic accounts/lighthouses, key use themes and use cases, enablement, and go-to-market orchestration.
Who You Are
- 10+ yearsof NHS experience not necessarily in a mainstream IT role
- Strong network of senior-level contacts across the NHS and/or the wider UK health and care sector
- Knowledge of clinical or operational workflows and key business process enablement
- Proven track record in delivering business-relevant projects and programmes in the NHS
- Financial acumen vital to develop and present a comprehensive business case
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate in a dynamic cross-functional organization and influence other teams in executing healthcare strategic objectives
- Ability to build and communicate a compelling vision to senior executives, with the capability to use logic, experience, facts, data, and passion to influence others
- Strong communication and listening skills, a detailed approach to sophisticated problem solving, managing to metrics and KSOs
- High-energy, excellent communication skills, emotionally intelligent, “out of the box” problem solver, leads by example, no task is too large or small, a doer as well as a leader, an educator
- Must be able to orchestrate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Proven creativity and team focus in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to excel in an environment of high autonomy to produce business results
- Customer-facing integrity – listening, ability to ask insightful questions, build consensus, advance opportunities to next level
- Understanding and framing client business and technical imperatives, and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Must have vision, passion, humility and the courage to set a course that will engender the respect of the Cisco team, customers and the industry at large.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!