Sales Business Development Manager, Security, Americas Distribution
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You’ll Do:
The Sales Business Development Manager – Security, Americas Distribution will be responsible for creating an Americas Distribution Security strategy/framework and associated activities to build and optimize Cisco’s distribution channel as the route to market for all of Cisco’s Security solutions. The Americas Distribution SBDM will work cross-functionally with business units, marketing, finance, operations, sales teams, regional channel teams, and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
- Identify opportunities and focus areas for distribution within Security (including but not limited to traditional, SP, hybrid and Cloud/SaaS offers)
- Be the primary SME for Distribution Security internally and externally with our distributor partners
- Evangelize how distribution can optimize the channel/partner route to market for the entire Security portfolio.
- Provide regular segment interlock and communications within Cisco internally across sales and partner teams as well as our distribution organization in the Americas and Globally.
- Advise our programs and operations team on process improvements and profitability guidance as it relates to the architecture and the 2T route to market.
- Understand and provide guidance on offer roadmaps and acquisition integration as it relates to the impact on our distributors and partners
- Be able to articulate trends in the portfolio and relate to knowledge of the industry/competitive pressures and technical/features comparison.
- Track and update Distribution performance within Security as well as identify industry trends, market share and competitive pressures as well as consumption models and route to market dynamics and update our stakeholders on all of these business indicators for the architecture
- Create and support enablement and practice building frameworks
- Develop and/or influence investment proposals and business cases
Bottom of Form
Who You Are:
While candidates are not required to have all of these experiences/skills, the ideal candidate skillset will include:
- 5+ years of channel and/or sales experience in the IT industry, preferably with a knowledge of Security solutions.
- Industry knowledge of the architecture landscape (competitive portfolio and market trends) for Security and the 2T route to market.
- Ability to quickly understand, articulate, and evangelize the value of our Security portfolio for our distributors and partners.
- Executive presence and credibility, including having a strong partner financial acumen.
- Excellent intellectual and analytical skills – ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new and creative ways to solve problems. Prior business development or strategy & planning experiences are desired.
- Background in competitive security technologies including traditional firewall/IPS/threat detection, Hosted/Cloud/Email/Web solutions, and SP/MSP offers
- Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs and processes at scale
- Keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Possess strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up type sales organization; being a self-starter will be critical to success in this role.
Who You’ll Work With:
- You will work on a team of four (4) Distribution Architecture BDMs across Data Center, Security, Collaboration and Enterprise Networking. As a focused BDM, you will have area responsibility for driving Security offers in the distribution channel. You will report directly to the Americas Architectures and Distribution Strategy & Planning Sales BDM Manager and have dotted line responsibility to the distribution MPOs.
- APO/GSSO, GPO, Global Distribution, Distribution Software and Services BDM team, business units, and sales segment leads.
- We seek someone who has a strong aptitude for teamwork, communication, and can handle multiple initiatives across a single geography.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco