Sales Business Development Manager (SP Japan Strategy Office)
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestService Provider
What You’ll Do
Japan is a mature and developed market and our largest theater in APJ SP with 4 large Tier 1 SPs in NTT Group, KDDI, Softbank and Rakuten. It has high technology penetration with customers.
Japan Service Providers are looking for areas to grow their business by new and innovative service while they face threats from OTT and Web/Cloud providers.
Service Provider Japan Segment has led transformation of society through the innovation to bridge Digital World by technology leadership in areas such as 5G, IoT, DX, etc.
Your role is to develop and execute the strategy for Service Provider Japan business in order to drive the business growth with healthy profitability. Key focus areas are:
- Develop the mid to long-term strategy and execution plan for SP Japan business
- Research and analyze the technology and market around our customers’ and reflect to the strategy
- Be the advisor to SP Japan leadership team to contribute to critical business decision-making processes
- Manage SP Japan wide programs and cross organization key initiatives closely working with stakeholders across sales, architecture, finance and business operations teams
- Analyze KPIs to find out gaps and proactively address issues
Who You Are:
- 5 - 10 years experience in sales or business development organization in technology or telecom industry
- Strategic thinking and data driven analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication both in Japanese and English
- Able to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using data insights for identifying gaps and increasing impact of strategic initiatives
- Ability to influence without authority, connect and manage remotely
- An understanding of a Cisco business model is preferred, specifically knowledge of the SP business
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, macros),
- Financial skills, trend analysis and statistical analysis.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.