Sales Business Development Manager, Partner Ecosystem
Location:Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Partner Ecosystem BDM is responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting Ecosystem partnerships that will productize business, systems, and network management applications across Cisco platforms.
You will help identify, create and implement an Ecosystem partner business plan for productizing applications that leverage Cisco platforms. The key focus will be clearly articulating revenue opportunities for both Cisco and Ecosystem partners.
Working closely within and across business segment teams, this role will:
- Regularly assess and evaluate partnership opportunities that emerge through direct and indirect developer engagements, ad-hoc referrals, and partner organization referrals.
- Build and follow up on BU support plans for demo, development, marketing, and GTM support that each Ecosystem partners require. Work closely with the BU teams to ensure that the proper support is sourced from the BUs and that the BU representatives own providing support to the Ecosystem partners.
Other job responsibilities:
- Generation and continuation of key business development initiatives and working closely with cross-company business units, marketing, GTM, channel, and sales teams.
- Ensure at all times, initiatives and execution are well aligned with quantitative and qualitative objectives to drive greater business relevancy of Ecosystem partnerships.
- Managing all aspects of the assigned area, including governance, business planning, ROI analysis, and metrics reporting.
- Identifying areas of enhancements and implementing solutions to accelerate program growth, effectiveness, and adoption, while working closely with the extended and cross-functional teams.
- Understanding market trends and unique partner models, and developing creative solutions to localize assigned initiatives.
- Developing quantitative program metrics to measure financial and business impact.
While the above focus on partner relationships, planning, and operationalization of productization plans are of initial focus, you may also be tasked with additional responsibilities as needed, including community management of Cisco's Ecosystem partners and application developer ecosystem.
Who You'll Work With
Working closely with DevNet and Partner organizations, this role will focus on global partnerships to deliver innovative ISV application integrations with niche market appeal. To achieve this deliverable, the individual must work closely with the Partner organization to act as the liaison and primary coordinator of efforts across the different Cisco teams to identify, understand and gain consensus around the opportunities with the ISVs (socialization of use case scenarios). In addition, this person will work with the representatives from the ISVs to ensure that their business opportunity is clearly articulated and aligned for mutual benefit (non-competitive or cannibalizing business opportunities focused on infrastructure pull through).
Who You Are
- BS in Business, Computer Science or equivalent along with +10 years of IT industry experience.
- 3+ experience in partner/business development of software technologies and building partnering models.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the software industry, technologies, and products.
- Experience with top global software companies and complex partner environments.
- Strong program leadership/management skills that are culturally sensitive to diverse needs.
- Excellent solution sales, business judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience working with senior-level executives.