Sales Business Development Manager, FSI
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent.
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
- You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.
- You'll be part a team that sincerely cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be supported and encouraged.
Is selling technology products and services your passion? Do you want to work for a company with an evolving solutions portfolio that provides sales and technical support to generate revenue? A company that has excellent benefits, strong employee programs, and an awesome PTO policy that begins on day one? If so, we hope you'll read further about this Account Manager role at Cisco!
Do you want to consistently work with industry leaders and knowledgable guides that will help craft your future and career?
Who You'll Work With
The AM will with work with FSI Field and Virtual Account Managers, Systems Engineers, and other Cisco Team resources to ensure alignment and consistency with the focused efforts. You will also work closely with the Cisco field sales leaders and teams to understand their business and better align to the local business environment. You will be a part of the best sales team in the industry.
What You'll Do
The vision of the FSI organization is to help protect, serve, and educate citizens at the National, State, and Local level. Our organization serves the State/Local FSI. You will work with an incredible team of FSI Account Managers and partner with a talented group of Systems Engineers, who share the same passion.
- You’ll play a pivotal role in the sales process.
- You’ll help advance FSI Sales and make our customers lives better and easier by effectively selling across all levels sand you will deliver large strategic wins using a go to market sales model driving business relevant/customer value selling and exceeding goals.
- You will drive sales achievement focusing on account and resource planning and allocation to drive sales attainment numbers.
- You will accurately forecast your monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving growth.
- Financial Acumen & Performance - Analyzing your customer's financials needs. Assessing consumption models needs per customer. Driving business planning and goal attainment.
Who You Are
A successful Account Manager for this team will have the following background:
- You have 8+ years' sales experience in the technology/IT industry; knowledge of Cisco solutions or that of a competitor is a plus.
- You possess teamwork skills and relationships with vendor ecosystem.
- Public Sector experience preferred.
- Strong skills in prospecting, replacing a competitive incumbent, and protecting the installed base.
- Validated knowledge of a process for leading a large territory including pipeline development, partner engagement, short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management.
- Operational excellence in forecasting, exceeding quota, account planning and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver business value to the account and build on customer relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of funding application success with customers through eRate, bonds, i3, Stimulus, green programs, ITRP, or other funding resources preferred.
- Critical skills to demonstrate are calling at multiple levels within the customer, handling partner relationships, and account planning with an extended team including Channels, Cisco Business Units and others.
- BS degree or equivalent preferred.
At Cisco, we bring our uncommon talents to work as a team and make a difference.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with a point of view, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We Are Cisco.