Sales Business Development Manager - Enterprise Networking, Americas Distribution - 1329741
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Sales Business Development Manager, Enterprise Networking, Americas Distribution
What You’ll Do:
The Sales Business Development Manager – Enterprise Networking, Americas Distribution will be responsible for creating an Americas Distribution EN strategy/framework and associated activities to build and optimize Cisco’s distribution channel as the route to market for EN, SMB, and Meraki solutions. The Americas Distribution SBDM will work cross-functionally with business units, marketing, finance, operations, sales teams, regional channel teams and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
· Identify opportunities and focus areas for distribution within Enterprise Networking, Meraki and all of the SMB/Volume offers, including SimpleIT.
· Be the primary SME for Enterprise Networking, Meraki and SMB/Volume Offers.
· Evangelize how distribution can optimize the channel/partner route to market for the entire EN portfolio.
· Regular segment interlock and communications within Cisco internally across sales and partner teams as well as our distribution organization in the Americas and Globally.
· Advise our programs and operations team on process improvements and profitability guidance as it relates to the architecture and the 2T route to market.
· Understand and provide guidance on offer roadmaps and acquisition integration as it relates to the impact on our distributors and partners
· Be able to articulate trends in the portfolio and relate to knowledge of the industry/competitive pressures and technical/features comparison.
· Create and support enablement and practice building frameworks
· Develop and/or influence investment proposals and business cases
· Develop a ‘point of view’ on financial impacts, business trends, and new partner opportunities
· Evangelize Cisco’s EN vision to our channel teams and distribution partner community
Bottom of Form
Who You Are:
While candidates are not required to have all of these experiences/skills, the ideal candidate skill set will include:
· 5+ years of channel and/or sales experience in the IT industry, preferably with a knowledge of Enterprise Networking, SMB/Volume Offers, and Meraki.
· Industry knowledge of the architecture landscape (competitive portfolio and market trends) for EN/Meraki and the SMB route to market.
· Subject matter and technical expertise in relevant Cisco solutions
· Able to quickly understand, articulate and evangelize the value of our EN/SMB portfolio for our distributors and partners.
· Executive presence and credibility, including having a strong partner financial acumen.
· Excellent intellectual and analytical skills – ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new and creative ways to solve problems. Prior business development or strategy & planning experiences are desired.
· Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs and processes at scale
· A keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments
· Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Possess strategic thinking and analytical skills
· Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up type sales organization; being a self-starter will be critical to success in this role.
Who You’ll Work With:
· You will work on a team of four (4) Distribution Architecture BDMs across Data Center, Security, Collaboration and Enterprise Networking. As a focused BDM will have area responsibility for driving EN, Meraki and SMB/Volume offers in the distribution channel. You will report directly to the Americas Architectures and Distribution Strategy & Planning Sales BDM Manager and have dotted line responsibility to the distribution MPOs.
· You will also collaborate with the following teams: APO, GPO, Global Distribution, Distribution Software and Services BDM team, business units and sales segment leads.
· We seek someone who has a strong aptitude for teamwork, communication and can handle multiple initiatives across a single geography.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco