Sales Business Development Director, Public Sector, Americas Software and Services
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing
The Sales Business Development Director for Public Sector will be responsible for creating and driving initiatives and activities to build and optimize Software and Services business in the Americas. The Americas SW & Services Public Sector sales business development director will work cross-functionally with business units, marketing, finance, operations, sales teams, regional channel teams and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
· Identify opportunities and focus areas for Software and Services business within the Public Sector segment.
· Be the primary SME for Public Sector needs for buying programs and cross-architecture requirements for Software & Services.
· Raise awareness and create opportunity pipeline for demand generation and pursuit activities using Performance IT and Strategic Engagement Team methodologies in the Public Sector.
· Support public funding initiatives to help win business for Software & Services.
· Drive Public Sector requirements for market access into Software buying programs and Services portfolio.
· Liaison the end-to-end selling motion with both account teams and capture BD teams to drive Lifecycle behaviors.
Who You Are:
While candidates are not required to have all of these experiences/skills, the ideal candidate skill set will include:
· 10+ years of business development and/or sales experience in the IT industry, preferably with a knowledge of Software and Services
· Knowledge of the Cisco landscape (segments, competitive portfolio, market trends)
· Able to quickly understand, articulate and evangelize the GTM for the Public Sector
· Executive presence and credibility, including having a strong financial acumen
· Excellent intellectual and analytical skills – ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new and creative ways to solve problems. Prior business development or strategy & planning experiences are desired.
· Experience in designing/driving programs and processes at scale
· A keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments
· Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented, willingness and ability for travel across US, Canada & LATAM when permittable
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Possess strategic thinking and analytical skills
· Experience working in a fast-paced sales organization; being a self-starter will be critical to success in this role.
Who You’ll Work With:
· You will work with the Perform and Transform teams in the Americas Software and Services Sales team, reporting directly to the Americas Vice President.
· You will collaborate with the following teams: US Public Sector theater, APO, Architectures, Engineering, Global Software and Services Sales, Offer Monetization Office, and CX teams, business units and sales segment leads.
· We seek someone who has a strong aptitude for teamwork, communication and can handle multiple initiatives across the geography.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco