SW Dev Engineer in Test - Cisco Digital Network Architecture
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Networking, Wireless, Mobility
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
What you’ll do
We are looking for software engineering and technology visionaries to join the DNAC system integration team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact? Are you pumped about making billions of connections happen? Will you be our next hire?
Who you are:
You're System Software Test engineer with deep Security and analytical skills for next generation Cisco DNA Center solutions.
You're a self-starter who is internally motivated and strives for technical excellence. Individuals in this position will need to be goal oriented and expected to own/drive relationships with the co-team members and engineering business units.
- Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and customer facing documentation
- Experience in analyzing customer/solution requirements, feature/system test planning, use cases design and execution
- Experience designing and setting up test lab infrastructure
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Participate in multi-functional and cross-BU test efforts
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategy development and test process definition/improvement.
- Work with marketing and development engineering to understand market/customer/product requirements and ensure that the delivered product meets specifications.
- Closely work with field/customer facing teams to incorporate feedback into internal test phases / build standard methodologies.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in at least 3 out of 4 areas listed below:
- Encryption - PKI infrastructure, TLS, knowledge of cipher and modern encryption standards (Must have)
- Firewall - Cisco/Palo Alto
- Networking - Cisco, VPN, OSI, TCP/IP, strong fundamental concepts
- Systems Administration - Windows/Linux, server administration, system hardening
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience of hands on advanced experience implementing security best practices for Cisco Firewalls, advanced firewall features, threat prevention, high-availability, IPsec tunnels, security policy and security rules, logging and monitoring
- Experience in applying advanced skills in the security design, configuration, implementation of secure internal and external networks and troubleshoot security and network systems to resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth, zerotrust); ability to design and implement secure configuration management techniques.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work individually and with a team, positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships and relationships.
- Strong understanding of the following is strongly preferred: data networking concepts, including: Campus LAN switching using Cisco CatOS m, WAN routing using MPLS and E-Line transport, with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols and knowledge of tunneling protocols IPSec and GRE. Experience with load balancers and firewalls preferred.
- Cisco CCNP certification strongly preferred.
We connect everything: people, process, data and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.