SR. Technical Lead, Software Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What' You'll Do
- Work with a team of high performing engineers in building, developing and delivering networking software. You will architect and build software telemetry for platform software.
- You will be given the opportunity to drive the roadmap for platform software telemetry and engage with marketing and customers to understand platform software serviceability requirements.
- Have a hands-on approach in debugging and solving customer issues.
- Be the mentor for the other engineers and take the lead in driving technology initiatives.
Who You'll Work With
Participate (in a senior lead role) on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities:
Who You Are
- You have 15+ years of software experience in computer systems and architecture. You will also have least 5+ years’ experience in architecting large scale systems
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Excellent coding and debugging skills in C language
- Good understanding of Linux kernel and sub systems
- Experience in open source telemetry transport technologies like gRPC
- Desirable to have experience in AI / ML technologies
- Experience in scripting languages like python
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.