SR. Physical Design Engineer SC
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
Our creative and talented team as Physical Design Lead in San Jose, CA. As a member of this team you will be involved in creating next generation state-of-the-art networking chips in advanced process node. You will drive the backend process through the entire RTL 2 GDS Implementation flow including hierarchical floor planning, place&route, timing closure, power integrity, static timing verification, physical verification and equivalence checks, with special focus on performance & die size optimization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for RTL2GDS implementation of multi-hierarchy designs in 7nm TSMC technology
- Perform partition, pin assignment and assemble design process tasks
- Participate in defining Physical and Timing Sign-Off conditions
- Work closely with RTL design team to understand the design architecture and drive design physical planning aspects
- As member of physical design team, drive methodologies and “best known methods” to streamline and automate physical design work
- Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a HW engineer with 10+ years of related work experience with a broad mix of technologies including:
- All aspects of ASIC Physical implementation including Floor planning, Clock and Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning and hard IP integration.
- Hierarchical design implementation approach, Timing closure, physical convergence.
- Power Integrity Analysis
- Experience with large designs (>100M gates) utilizing state of the art sub 16/14/7nm technologies.
- Familiarity with various process related design issues including Design for Yield and Manufacturability, multi Vt strategies
You should also have hands on experience with the following Tool sets
- Floor planning and P&R tools: Cadence Innovus & Synopsys ICC2
- Synthesis Tools: Synopsys DC/DCG
- Formal Verification : Synopsys Formality and Cadence LEC
- Static Timing verification: Primetime-DMSA
- Power Integrity : Apache Redhawk
- Physical Design Verification Synopsys ICV, Mentor Calibre
- Scripting: TCL, Perl is required; Python is a plus
Bachelor's or a Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering required
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.