SR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine building superb disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place to Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Who you'll work with:
The Digital Infrastructure Database & Replication Services Team is looking for a highly motivated Database Administrator to join the team. The team provides reliable, scalable and secured databases and ERP environments by collaborating with global multi-functional IT and Engineering teams using next-gen tools, processes and personnel.
What you will do:
The Senior Database Administrator role will focus on architecture, design and implementation of database solutions crafted for service reliability and/or cloud deployments besides striving for Operational Perfection.
Who you are:
- Administration of Oracle Databases 10g, 11g, 12c,19c with stand alone and RAC
- Specialized Skillset needed on Oracle Enterprise Manager Administration
- Oracle EBS R12, Fusion Middleware administration
- Experience in systems monitoring to ensure 24-7 availability of DBs & apps. Provide day-to-day support of multiple production & non-production environments (ERP & non-ERP).
- Tackle issues & DB & ERP-Apps side performance tuning. Perform Oracle ERP DB & app. cloning, installation, configuration, patching, upgrades on Cisco UCS/Linux. Support 3rd party apps.
- Golden Gate technology administration skillset will be an added plus.
- Support & implement high availability & disaster recovery for DBs using Oracle RAC, Oracle-Data Guard, OEM 11g/12c, & Golden Gate.
- Work on projects in close coordination with the architects, PMs, & development teams Strong knowledge and experience with ASM, OEM, RMAN, Data Guard
- Sound knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge of UNIX, Python, Perl shell scripting
- Production 11g and 12c experience, Ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and operational experience of Other databases highly desired CloudDBs – MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL & MySQL
- Oracle ASM & RAC, Oracle Active Data Guard, RMAN backup/recovery, Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c;Shell & SQL, PL/SQL scripting skills; performance tuning, capacity planning, & DB space management.
Who You Are
- Overall experience of 8 yrs or above in Software Development Lifecycle
Minimum 5 years of experience in Software development using Salesforce platform.
- Salesforce Service Cloud experience with custom development with APEX customizations, custom workflows, fields, objects and Visualforce pages
Hands on experience on integrations with on-prem vs cloud vs salesforce platform.(Mulesoft, ESB, PushTopic, Kafka)
Knowledge in Data Platforms such Oracle Database, MongoDB, MapR is needed
- Knowledge of Salesforce Community would be plus
- . Knowledge of products like Field Service Lightning, Financial Force would be a plus
- Usage of CI / CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!