SMB Portfolio Business Development Manager
Location:Tokyo, Kanto, Japan
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
1.What You'll Do
The Small segment is a significant growth driver for the region for APJC. Asia Pacific, Japan & Greater China is boldly pursuing strategies to grow in this segment of the market such as launching a branded portfolio of products and services targeted at SMBs customers.
Over the past three years APJC has transformed into a region known for results, innovation, and high-performing teams within Cisco. You will support to land, localize and drive the sales growth of the cross-architecture product portfolio, primary focus on Cisco Cloud portfolio such as SaaS products like Meraki Go, Webex, DUO, Umbrella etc.
You will work under Cisco APJC architecture sales team to land, localize, manage and drive the meaningful products and services for Japan small segment, which also includes conduct bundles and offer creations for Japan SMB market, position the right product against our local competition, drive demand generation efforts, and to provide insights as well as to recommend Cisco’s response to competitor actions. In addition, you are responsible in localizing cloud portfolio pricing strategy to support channel development and alignment for three major routes to the market: Cisco distribution, Cisco ISP and MSP channel partners as well as 3rdparty E-commerce platform.
You will be measured against #1 the overall Japan small segment sales growth #2 the speed and quality of the work in landing and accelerating the adaptation of SaaS technologies for Japan.
You are also expected to develop relationships with the channels organization especially with 2T partners as well as Distribution, BU teams and local sales leadership and collaborate across the Cisco cross-functional teams including Distribution PAMs/ PAMs, Theater and Regional Marketing, Commercial and SMB sales, Architecture Sales, and other APJ Commercial functions.
2.Roles and Responsibilities
Cisco Japan Portfolio Business Development Manager for small segment is responsible for the followings:
· Land, localize, develop and manage Cisco suitable portfolio for small segment, in particular gather market intelligence on Cisco’s SaaS portfolio against the competition and understand key drivers of success to compete with them in Japan SMB market
· Develop margin analysis skills sets and conduct discount strategy via different routes to market, in particular manage online channel and offline channels pricing conflicts.
· Must to develop an in-depth technical understanding of the products and solutions across the various Cisco architectures.
· Collaborate with Architecture Sales teams, Distribution sales teams, Commercial Sales Teams and Partner Organization teams and Marketing to ensure a One Cisco approach
· Support creating regular business reviews, success matrix and reports tracking on Distribution channel, ISP and MSP channel and E-commerce channel portfolio development and project management for theater sales and partner teams and other key functional groups to ensure GTM execution
· Be the product and portfolio escalation point for Japan small segment, you will work very close with Cisco BU product management team and global specialist team.
3.Who You'll Work With
Cisco is a unique innovator, accelerator and connector. We connect our employees to our partners and our customers, to ensure that the speed, agility and security of Cisco solutions have a multiplying effect worldwide. In the Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China region, the Commercial and Marketing teams build our brand, advance key Cisco growth areas such as Security & Software and implement our technologies together with our partners.
Every day, we feel inspired by our Commercial customers. They continually surprise us with their forward thinking and incredible drive to grow their business in a changing digital world. Our customers and partners make Commercial in APJC Cisco's growth engine. I am proud to contribute to this success, so we continue to connect everything, innovate everywhere, to benefit everyone.
We are on a journey to further harmonize our Commercial sales power with the most advanced digital marketing techniques available. I believe our edge comes from the combined team: to find the audience, meet every technology challenge and make the sale.
4.Who You Are
- 8+ years experience in the IT industry, preferably in sales or in low-end/entry range networking product management with demonstrable success at achieving fast-growth technology area.
- Familiarity with Cisco’s full products, architectures and services offerings in the Commercial space, knowledge of Cisco collaboration or security portfolio is an added plus.
- Strategic & creative thinker – able to offer new, innovative strategies to achieve significant growth in a technology area, and to take technologies from Pre- to Post-chasm.
- Working experience in ISP and MSP channel, serving for SMB customers is an added plus.
- E-Commerce sales and process experience, or IT industry marketing experience is an added plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across various organizations to drive outcomes
- Ability to influence and lead in a highly matrixed model
- Excellent verbal communication, listening and presentation skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong background and understanding of product, service, and channels sales at Cisco or comparable experience from another company
- Track record of successful performance as a “change agent” within Cisco or other companies
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university/college
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.