SLED Sales Specialist - Colorado
Location:Offsite, Colorado, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
Cisco is the #1 Best Place to Work in the World: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces-international/world-s-best-workplaces/2019
We change the world and you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives.
Our team strives to be a diverse and inclusive team, where you'll have the freedom and guidance to succeed. We are highly motivated individuals that come together to form a high performing, collaborative team.
What You’ll Do
This role will be focused around account services management and this position requires relationships with a diverse group of internal and external personnel in order to ensure transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner. You will also focus on achieving revenue goals; forecasting revenue accurately on a weekly, monthly, quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; crafting account plans; and closing deals for a set of defined customers in a segment. Approximately 50% of your time is customer facing.
- You will lead all aspects of the customer account with respect to deal transactions – You will drive the execution of direct customer activities to conclusion in a quality, timely, and correct manner - Handle service pricing and margins according to agreed aims
- You will sell solutions based on leading edge and new portfolio of service offers including TS and AS
- You will facilitate sales transactions by - Understanding customers' and partners' procurement process - Establishing relationships with customers and partners in positions within the procurement process - Navigating partner and customers and advancing effectively within Cisco
- You will advance Multiyear Services Contract Renewals/P-O-S attach
- You will plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially handling personal time and productivity.
Who You Are
Developing the Pipeline: Applying knowledge of sales trends, market drivers, and key customer issues and opportunities to do strategic account planning; establishing, prioritizing, executing, and monitoring a course of action to accomplish expansive territory objectives and sales strategies; using knowledge to identify and nurture future sales opportunities to build a strong pipeline.
You will Build Influential Relationships: Working to do business with customers, channel partners, and account team members to meet business goals and objectives; using appropriate communication methods to influence others and establish relationships.
You are Customer Focused: Supporting customers during the sales process; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer requirements while balancing business needs; resolving difficult issues in an on time and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer gratification and dedication.
You Have Negotiation Skills: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support ones proposal.
You will work with CXO Relevancy: Adding value by dedicated identification of business opportunities for the customer/partner, conveying a firm understanding of the customer's/partners business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
You are a Critical Thinker: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and discernment that appropriately consider customer and partner business capabilities and issues, available facts, constraints, bold circumstances and probable consequences.
Your Skills & Experience
- At least 5-7 years of IT field sales experience in account and/or channels
- Shown success in handling complex sales and capabilities that include sales strategy, opportunity discovery, forecasting, and quota attainment
- Face-to-face experience developing positive relationships with key customer contacts, including at the executive level, to understand customer business drivers and influence their tactical and strategic plans.
- Experience with CXO level presentation, business justification and return on investment development
- BA degree strongly preferred
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.