SENIOR PLANNING MANAGER - INTEGRATED BUSINESS PLANNING
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Additional Location(s)Netherlands (Amsterdam), UK (London), Czech Republic
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Senior Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Manager for Collaboration Video Technology Group (CVTG)
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking supply chain professional who is a master in orchestrating, leading and influencing. As a Manager in the IBP team, you will play a meaningful role in the Supply Chain Operations’ Global Planning and Fulfillment group (GP&F). GP&F’s role is to predict, orchestrate, and enable business outcomes that are optimized for profitability, delivery performance, and customer experiences - and IBP plays a central role in this.
As part of the IBP team supporting Collaboration Video Technology Group (CVTG) where you will be responsible for leading the IBP activities across functions for the businesses in CVTG. In this role you will be visible, interacting with senior management and engaging across wide range of functions and teams, making you a key influencer.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive a best-in-class Integrated Business Planning by collaborating cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, BU Product Marketing/ Management, Customer and Partner Services and all Supply Chain functions.
- Lead the annual Supply Chain/ IBP with leaders from the Business Units, Finance, Sales and OPT members from your business segment and develop annual Integrated Business Plan. Lead monthly Supply Chain Leadership Forum to build cross functional alignment and drive progress on execution of Integrated Business Plan.
- Support/ Lead the Executive IBP meetings with executives from BU, Finance and Supply Chain. Drive alignment and decision-making around strategic plans for the BU and Supply Chain.
- Lead the CVEBU OPT (Operations Product Team) in close partnership with Global Manufacturing Operations, Product Operations and other Supply Chain functions to deliver revenue attainment, customer experience, market share, financial (including inventory driven costs), and other fulfillment supply chain business outcomes by running these major Integrated Business Plan elements:
- Plan and achieve revenue goals (ship revenue planning)
- Drive customer excellence and enable sales and customer wins
- Operating Plan tracking and Financials (plan attainment)
- Operations product life cycle
- Inventory planning and management (signal to inventory predictions and plan)
- Utilize “what if” and scenario planning in decision-making:
- Inventory-Delivery-Margin trade offs
- Inventory and inventory driven cost prediction (scenario analysis)
- Transition scenario planning
· Lead Quarterly Horizon Planning meetings with management across BU, Supply Chain and Finance. Current quarter book and revenue planning and 5-quarter range forecast review on portfolio and platform level.
· Engage with BU, Sales and GMO on the top/ key BU customers to improve pipeline visibility, planning and tracking of delivery performance.
· Engage with Finance and revenue planning function to drive predictive revenue and margin planning and attainment.
· Proactively identify risks to Operating Plans/ Integrated Business Plans and work with Supply Chain counterparts to get in place mitigation strategies (resiliency, scalability and buffer/ flexibility)
- Demand sensing & demand shaping using impactful levers/ mechanisms
· Utilize best-in-class analytics and predictive modeling
· Contribute to standardization, automation and scalability across processes, data and analytics. Consistent measurement and improvement of key deliverables.
The role involves some engagement and interaction with central teams and development programs in the US.
In our journey towards a best-in-class Integrated Business Planning practice, you will also have the opportunity to participate in central initiatives to develop best practices and digitization/ automation of our IBP practice.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of a team of IBP Planner(s) and an IBP Sr Manager. The role requires significant cross-functional collaboration and you will be engaging closely with peers and leaders within Supply Chain Operations as well as leaders in Product Marketing, Sales and Finance.
Who You Are
Counterparts, leaders and your team mates all consider you a strategic professional with strong ability to influence and bring about change.
At a minimum we expect you to have +7 years of Supply chain experience (Cisco or Industry) in S&OP, end-to-end planning processes, inventory management, product life-cycle management, sourcing, supply chain financials, and / or supply chain modeling experience.
You are also a person who:
- Is capable of understanding different stakeholders and their interests and objectives, and to lead conversations to influence and drive better decisions across stakeholders, often at the Director and VP levels.
- Provides thought leadership. Sees connections between supply chain actions and strategic business outcomes. Anticipates future threats and opportunities for our customers and businesses, and makes decisions based on global business conditions and strategies. Strategies are inclusive of data and intuition and encompass whole systems thinking.
- Has experience in leading cross-functional teams to achieve results by identifying and aligning to shared goals, priorities and commitments. Able to hold peers, partners and self accountable to commitments.
- Confidently presents own position despite resistance or unfavorable reactions from others. Handles problems or conflicts with others openly and directly. Has the conviction to take risks, make decisions and escalate when needed to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Possess strong analytical skills to assess, frame and drive data-driven decisions. Lead and coach organization to create models to analyze “what-if” scenarios for proactive planning purposes. Recognizes underlying themes and patterns and reduces complex data to a few key conclusions that can easily be understood by others.
- Understands and applies general business concepts and principles including profit and loss statements, cost-benefit analysis, and return on investment calculations to drive data-driven decisions. Able to create and use financial trend analyses and compares (quarter over quarter, year or year) to explain current performance in the context of the macro business situation, and use this insight to achieve future desired outcomes
- Has a broad understanding of Cisco’s customers, markets and products knowledge & experience. Understands Cisco’s business models and macro business environment. Able to align internal processes with corporate objectives. Can effectively represent that understanding in meaningful ways to others.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.