SDWAN Escalations Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
**US Citizenship is preferred, but not required.**
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco seeks hardworking Engineers to join the Enterprise Network Routing Escalations Team to support platforms that cover a $15B portfolio. You will gain insight into the detailed functionality of Cisco products, with particular emphasis on Cisco Enterprise Routing portfolio (ASR1k, ISR4k, ENCS, CSR Cloud Services Router, CSP Cloud Services Platform, Viptela SDWAN). You will be exposed to all of the Enterprise Routing services and technologies and will have a significant influence in driving improvements.
What You’ll Do
As part of the Enterprise SDWAN Escalations team, you will:
- Analyze, configure and solve SDWAN networks with mixed Routing Platforms and protocols.
- Effectively build and utilize lab setups to duplicate and solve problems, validate planned changes to software and hardware design.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve issues
- Follow-through on all incident tickets assigned to you and their resolution
- Engage DE Developers, DT Dev-Test, Marketing and TAC for assistance on complex issues support
- Handle customer sentiment and be the single voice driving a team of engineers to quick resolution. Provide written and verbal updates to wider Cisco Support team and customers as needed.
- Closely adhere to processes related to ticket updates with meaningful and accurate notes
- On Call Rotation Weekend Priority support for P1's
- Effectively work with multi-functional teams to resolve large customer issues.
- Work towards continuous learning, results orientation and teamwork.
Who You Are
**Due to contracts specified by the US Government, US Citizenship is preferred, but not required for this position.**
You will have (equivalent of) NOC and/or TAC Technical Support experience, Technical skills corresponding to CCNA/CCNP/CCIE level, outstanding customer skills and a very strong desire to learn and develop technically. Strong working knowledge in IP Routing is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering, or a related major + 3-5 years related experience
- You have an ability to learn Routing Technology based on Cisco: ASR1k, ISR4k, ENCS, CSR Cloud Services Router, CSP Cloud Services Platform, Viptela SDWAN Software Defined Networks
- Knowledge of IP technologies
- Able to identify problems, acquire ownership and deliver solutions at a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven crisis management and leadership skills
- Proven planning, prioritization and organization skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco