SD-WAN Technical Solutions Architect - Enterprise
Location:Chesterfield, Missouri, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Who You’ll Work With
As part of the Enterprise Networking Sales team, you will join a dynamic and fun atmosphere to deliver your value to our customers, partners and Cisco. We work hard, play hard and have fun doing it! We take pride in our work and our collective success is dependent upon teamwork, both internally and externally, and selling in a matrixed environment requires a customer-first approach all the while establishing an outcome where everybody wins environment for the reseller partner as well as Cisco. Passion, Integrity, Trust, Leadership, Discipline and Execution are our values and we need to ensure our employees possesses these traits.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with theatre and global sales leadership to support sales in a strategic and tactical manner
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to manage interactions with customers, partners and other important parties
- Work with partners to facilitate technical sales enablement, tender and opportunity assistance and joint sales calls
- Keep current on new developments in information technology through conferences and other interactions with industry leaders
- Lead internal and external SD-WAN (Software Defined Wide Area Network) presentations, deep dive sessions on internetwork routing design, and discuss various security concerns at the architectural level
- Plan, design, and lead full life-cycle of the SD-WAN POC (Proof of Concept) engagements for prospective accounts until technical closure
- Lead a cross-functional team with representatives from product management, engineering and other organizations to spur innovation and development of the existing and future product sets
- Develop technical collateral, such as presentations, white papers, design guides and test plans for furthering internal and external knowledge along with sales
- Develop and lead technical SD-WAN training sessions internally for generalist field SEs (Systems Engineers), and field specialists
Who You Are
As the technical face of the Enterprise Networking sales organization, you will find and engage in new opportunities while also nurturing strong long-term customer relationships. You will establish a need for the SD-WAN solution on a technical and to some extent commercial basis, drive discussions around SD-WAN technology at director level and downwards. You will conduct and drive architectural and technology workshops and own and execute proof-of-concept undertakings to influence technical decision makers.
You will conduct training sessions, presentations and write customer solution documents. You will work closely with partners to establish solution preference and participate in joint customer calls and partner events, both internal and customer facing. We will look to you to provide feedback to the product management and sales leadership teams on improvements and new features based on customer feedback and general market/industry requirements. You are expected to work off of broad-based industry experience covering multiple different technology verticals.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent
- You have technical or professional experience related to the design, installation, and maintenance of local and wide area network required.
- You are a seasoned TSA with at least ten years of related work experience, and a minimum of five years of experience installing and maintaining local and wide area networks required.
- You possess documentable knowledge of local and wide area networks; computer software and hardware; knowledge of data communications, network planning and analysis; and vendor evaluations.
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills and effective social and communication skills to interact with a wide range of individuals at different levels in an organization.
- You have the ability to address technical or sales related problems in a timely manner.
- You have experience in management and organization building with multi-functional skills taking care of technical and sales matters in a similar position
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.