SD-WAN Sales Specialist | Req ID 1394436
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who You'll Work With
As part of growth of SD-WAN in the Service Provider space, you will join a dynamic and fun environment to deliver your value to our customers, partners and Cisco. We work hard, play hard and have fun doing it! We take pride in our work and our collective success is dependent upon teamwork, both internally and externally, and selling in a matrixed environment requires a customer-first approach all the while establishing an outcome where everybody wins environment for the reseller partner as well as Cisco. Passion, Integrity, Trust, Leadership, Discipline and Execution are our values and we need to ensure our employees possesses these traits.
What You'll Do
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate accelerated annual growth in bookings
- Maintain key customer and partner executive relationships as well as develop and implement strategies for expanding the customer base
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Coordinate with channels leadership to identify, develop and nurture in-region partners
- Provides input to marketing into messaging, positioning, and branding. Refines messaging per market segment and ensures all communications are aligned with approved messaging
- Work closely with theatre sales leadership to support sales in a strategic and tactical manner
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to manage interactions with customers, partners and other important parties
Who You Are
- 8+ year experience in working closely with Service Providers.
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals.
- 10+ years in enterprise networking and/or WAN optimization sales, selling primarily to the CxO/VP Infrastructure level. Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers.
- C-suite level presence, excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven success working within a matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across all functions.
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, team-based environments. Highly collaborative and curious with a strong ability to learn and change often and quickly.
- Strong operational and analytical abilities.
- Proven record of success in multi-stakeholder sales to IT or a line of business.
- Solid understanding of business value based selling.
- Knowledge and experience selling cloud based enterprise applications (Saas) is strongly preferred.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.