SASE Sales Business Development Manager (SBDM)
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate Locationanywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
SASE Business Development Manager
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting new Sales Business Development Manager role focused on Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) in our Global Cross Architecture Sales Organization. You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for driving business transformation with networking and security technology. Your passion encourages you to be an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies to maximize customer and partner impact, promote Cisco’s value proposition for our SASE solution, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out the details:
- Responsible for cross-functional alignment related to the Cisco’s SASE solution capabilities (I.e. Umbrella, Meraki, Viptela, Duo, ThousandEyes) portfolio. Must interface closely with the following teams: Architecture Specialists (GSSO, IBN, Meraki, ThousandEyes), GEO based Sales Leads, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Technical Marketing, and Channels.
- WW Go To Market Sales Initiatives: evaluating and solving for key execution initiatives to drive accelerated growth in the SASE market.
- Partner with multiple enablement teams and organizations to drive key initiatives in the Cisco sales organization.
- Focusing on contributing to the long-term success of Cisco SASE by being a collaborative leader among your peers and cross-functional teams and consistently seeking for improvement.
- Help develop, communicate, integrate and execute the WW sales strategy within each GEO / Segment.
- Business Reporting: Report on trends, forecast accuracy, growth, attainment by GEO/Segment, and provide comprehensive competitive insight.
- Develop & communicate business/technology alignment plans to field leadership, partners, customers, and executive sales stakeholders
- Help define requirements for sales initiatives and drive alignment between SASE sales, marketing, services, and product.
- Identify, analyze, and scale best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
This position is responsible for helping to drive growth within our SASE business and deliver a tight go-to-market integration between Cisco's Cloud Security and SD-WAN businesses. You will be chartered with aligning key sales initiatives, and implementing into the field. The ability to leverage and grow key functional group alignment and establish important strategic relationships is crucial. You’ll work closely with GEO based Sales Leads, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Technical Marketing, and Channels.
Who You Are
- 8-10 years cybersecurity or networking sales experience (including, but not limited to SD-WAN, DNS Security, Secure Web Gateway, Secure Internet Gateway), you should possess excellent individual sales skills as well as direct/indirect sales leadership and cross functional experience
- Proven track record marketing and selling emerging technology solutions and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
- Business Development and strategy experience preferred.
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
- Adept at stabilizing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey sophisticated concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
- Demonstrates relationship-building and leadership skills to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels
- Positive relationship leadership skills in a fluid complex environment are critical.
- You have experience and knowledge of direct selling and sales through a channel and proven ability to conduct business development conversations with all levels of executives and management.
- You exhibit strong critical thinking, initiative and leadership skills.
Why Cisco SASE
Cisco is coupling its market position as the largest SD-WAN provider in the world with its leadership role in zero trust and cloud security to deliver an even better outcome for our customers. With the breadth and depth of our networking and security portfolio, Cisco is delivering a more complete SASE architecture than any of our competitors. Cisco's approach to SASE combines network, security, and cross-platform visibility into a single, cloud-native service to help secure access wherever users and applications reside. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco