Ruby on Rails Developer
Location:Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
You will join our Placetel's Software Engineering team to build next generation unified communication platforms with world-class self-service web frontends, automated service oriented backends on top of a highly secure and cloud centric full stack service provider application platform.
In this role you will focus on Ruby on Rails and agile software development in a very professional, agile and fast-moving environment.
You will join an innovative team of dynamic and highly skilled engineers and will be responsible for:
- Fullstack development of next generation unified communication platform with focus on ease of use, zero touch automatization of all service provider processes from order to bill and various self-service portals for B2B customers, VARs and distributors.
- You work with a state of the art software stack based on Ruby on Rails using tools and technologies such as GCP, Kubernetes, drone.io, test driven development with RSPEC and capybara.
- Integration and implementation of modern, leading edge security frameworks to align to Cisco's high security requirements
- Engineering of seamless application based fail-over solutions for all platform components
- Engineering and integration of 3rd party application interfaces of market leading SaaS companies with the goal to offer a seamless user experience
- Implementation of best in class monitoring and anti-fraud solutions
- Maintenance and further extensions of all platform services
- Design and integration of VoIP and UCaaS (Unified communication as a Service) solutions
Who You'll Work With
Cisco has a market leading position within the Cloud Collaboration and Communication marketplace. Within Cisco, Placetel is a creative and constantly growing business unit offering Cloud PBX and Cloud UC solutions to the German SMB market. We are the specialists for digitized sales with a disruptive approach in selling cloud communication services. Our 20.000+ Placetel customers include well-known brands and companies as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.
Who You Are
You are a software developer with 1-6 years of experience in an object oriented programming language like Ruby, Phyton, Java or PHP in a test driven and agile development environment.
- Self-motivated creative thinker and problem solver who will work collectively both with internal partners and third-party experts to achieve the growth ambitions for our demanding business.
- You are a talented and passionate software engineer that focuses and contributes to make our platform more innovative, user-friendly, secure and high available. You like to move fast, work agile and build innovative and user-friendly solutions.
- Nice to have: GCP (Google Cloud, Kubernetes) platform definition, design and implementation
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.