Route to Market Account Manager - AppDynamics
Location:Offsite, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
About the Role
Route to Market Channell Account Manager will be responsible for strategizing, driving pipeline growth aligned with our partners and sellers and leading the pipeline in a given market. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative with the ability to lead and encourage cross-functional teams while remaining results-orientated and driving value creation. You possess the sales acumen required to work comfortably with our partner leaders, sales leaders and sales team with an eye for business to operationalize go-to-market campaigns while prioritizing the long term vision for the region.
What you get to do in this role:
● Be passionate about building a thriving partner lead region focused on the growth of application monitoring.
● Partner with the field sellers, partner teams, and Cisco channel to develop growth plans for the region and own the forecasting and accountability of the business within the assigned market.
● Algin with AppDynamics sellers to select partner activities including pipeline campaigns, sales engagements & executive presence.
● Partner with the SE team to develop partner growth plans focused on their application business
● Build relationships and develop aligned strategies with partner leadership to create trackable pipeline to drive growth.
● Accountable for executing the America’s Channel Partner Incentive program for key partners in region.
● Work with channel stakeholders & partners to customize, launch and maintain campaigns across the AppDynamics partner community in the region
● Partner with marketing & channel teams in the region to align plans and leverage MDF and other sources of funding.
● Support ad hoc channel marketing needs in the field to take advantage of opportunities arising with prioritized channel partners
● Manage and monitor quarterly metrics, and make necessary program adjustments to improve performance in the region
Skills & Experience
● Minimum 3-5 years in channel/ sales role
● Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple organizations
● Innovative and creative problem-solver with strong communication skills
● Exceptional team collaborator, open to ideas/project iteration - able to build relationships with priority partners and take the partner perspective
● Comfortable presenting to and influencing marketing and sales teams and leadership and positioning AppDynamics activities favorably
● Demonstrated success building, launching, and measuring channel marketing campaigns
● Proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and the ability to prioritize.
● Proven ability to think strategically with an eye for detail on key metrics and forecasting
● Positive, can-do attitude, with the ability to work within a global matrix of business units, marketing, and sales professionals
Enterprising – you are creative and hardworking
Organized – you are on top of everything
A phenomenal teammate – we have a collaborative environment
Positive – we bring solutions, not problems
Passionate – we all love what we do
Curious – the more you know the bigger the ideas
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.