Revenue Accounting Analyst
Area of InterestFinance
In our accelerating business environment, Finance delivers value to Cisco’s customers, shareholders and employees by providing a new level of process integration, information and analytics needed for business decisions today. Finance in Cisco plays a strategic role in driving cost efficiency and operational excellence.
We have identified five high-impact business capabilities: Accounting Excellence, Business Demand Planning, Integrated Cash Management, Portfolio Management/Accountability Measures, Strategic Pricing.
In your role, you will:
- Partner with the Commercial Finance Team, Sales & Services Finance and the wider Finance community to ensure necessary accounting adjustments are properly forecasted for financial and management accounting purposes
- Act as a point of contact with Sales & Services Finance to ensure accuracy of management and financial accounting (product and service sales bookings) as they relate to the revenue
- Handle the relationship - operational and strategic - with Sales Operations and Sales & Services Finance
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Drive the development of monthly reporting metrics
- Liaise and research with IT team for system improvements and/or solutions to data flow from web-based tools to Accounts Receivable Sub-Ledger to General Ledger and other downstream reporting tools, i.e. Business Objects, P&L Cube etc.
- Accurately account for non-standard deals in accordance with US GAAP requirements and Cisco accounting policy
- Adhere to standard accounting practices with regards to reserve accounting, revenue forecasting, corporate balance sheet review, rebates and special discounts which have a direct impact on the accounting reserves
- Assist in day-to-day accounting activities related to revenue recognition under US GAAP
- Ensure revenue reserves are managed and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure monthly accounting entries and processes are strictly adhered to
- Follow all SOX processes for revenue accounting while maintaining up-to-date documentation of processes and test plans and ensures testing is completed without exception
- Assist with all SOX related documentation and testing activities
Who you'll work with
The Corporate Controller Group (CCG) is comprised of several groups that are committed to supporting business processes with a high level of integrity and credibility through developing, influencing and implementing global financial policy and process and effective partnering.
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting for non-standard deals. The goal is to provide global product and service revenue accounting in an effective, holistic, and compliant way to meet the needs of our customers.
We work closely with the Corporate Revenue, Sales and Services Finance (SSF), Commercial Finance, Mfg. Finance, and other corporate and theater FP&A teams.
Our goal is to surround Sales & Services Finance with specialized finance teams that enable them to provide a higher level of value-add support to their business partners.
Who you are
Holder of a Degree in Business / Accounting, you have a minimum of 5 years working experience in an accounting environment of a large Multi-National company or technology sector experience
You have gained a solid technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes Oxley SOX and strong Financial reporting and Financial analytics skills.
You possess the following attributes:
- Ability to manage projects involving others
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong IT skills, Oracle Financials, Business Object, Essbase
- Open communicator with the ability to influence business partners
- Strong analytical skills and solving problem abilities
- Attention to detail is critical
- Able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Team player
- Think out of the box and take initiative
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status