Location:Prague, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Security, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
We are developing our team and currently looking for experienced Research Engineering Manager to work in an international environment in downtown Prague, Czech Republic as a part of the Advanced Threat Solutions team spanning across Prague, CZ, Silicon Valley (San Jose), CA, Calgary, Canada, Alpharetta, Georgia, U.S., and London, UK. We expect you to:
- Manage the team of data scientists and machine learning experts building scalable machine learning systems for detection of modern malware, advanced cyber threats, and malicious user behavior
- Lead key research initiatives and facilitate subsequent productization of the research outcomes
- Lead formulation of the Cognitive Intelligence research strategy with the aim to anticipate and address the future threat landscape evolution
- Drive the scientific publication and commercial outreach efforts to reinforce Cisco’s leadership in the space through Cognitive Intelligence thought leadership
- Recruit new team members and develop the talent on your team, including long term cooperation with academia and joint research projects with leading universities
Who You'll Work With
We are a bunch of five former startups collectively called Advanced Threat Solutions, and we keep an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco. With security focus & mindset we make machine learning work on really big data. We balance collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation to deliver the most effective solution to our customers’ problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco’s industry dominance surpasses what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
Who You are
So, if you share our passion for technology innovation, have experience in managing R&D teams with strong focus on research and scientific projects; and if you want to come to thrive in the confluence of cloud computing, machine learning, and cybersecurity, this is the job for you. We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Our requirements for this role:
- Master's degree in Computer Science (PhD. is a very strong plus)
- 5+ years of research or R&D leadership experience
- Willingness to work across teams and share knowledge and ideas beyond the immediate area of responsibility
- Capability to stand up and formulate clear scientific and technical arguments supporting one’s opinion
- Ability to quickly grasp the essence of the new technologies and be able to steer the team in the right direction
- Teamwork spirit and excitement to work on complex cutting-edge systems for detection of modern malware and advanced cyber threats is essential
- Can-do attitude with a strong drive to take the initiative and complete tasks
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Willingness to take full ownership for the deliverables
- Fluent English
An important plus will be:
- R&D experience in several of the following areas: Machine Learning and Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Cloud Computing, Game Theory, Graph Theory
- Scientific publication track in the area of machine learning and AI
- Big data experience (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Hadoop, Scala)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #cognitiveintelligence