Renewals Manager - Switzerland
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
The Customer Experience Renewal Manager (RM) role is a highly visible, strategic position to empower key customers to continue to transform their business and meet their objectives through specific Cisco solutions. The Renewal Manager will be accountable for owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts of Cisco products and services across an assigned portfolio of customer accounts/territory. A Renewal Manager will work with customers, partners and across Cisco teams to develop a complete, deep view of customer requirements and objectives and define a strategy to drive renewals to on-time closure, as well as minimize renewals risk and financial attrition. The Renewal Manager will bring a solid understanding of negotiation strategies and orchestrates cross-functional resources across the company and with partners to provide a unified path to secure every renewal.
Who You'll Work With
This role resides in the Customer Experience organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams that delivers profitable growth throughout the customer lifecycle with a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an efficient experience from Cisco solutions.
Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Drives up-sell, upgrades, price adjustments and close timely contracts for assigned accounts.
- Increases sales penetration at existing accounts.
- Builds relationships with customers and account teams to assist in the acceleration of full adoption and renewals.
- Partners with the account teams to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships.
- Engage with key decision makers to identify requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure timely commitments.
- Manage client needs independently. Able to trouble shoot non-standard concerns.
- Owns and executes renewal contracts for products and services on medium accounts with moderate complexity.
- Builds quotes, review contract terms, negotiation pricing, identify up-sell opportunities and handle objections.
- Curates use case recommendations and educates customers on relevant features and opportunities.
- Leads renewal opportunities or support Account Manager in overall negotiation to ensure the integrity of the renewal portion of the agreement.
- Maintain and report an accurate rolling 120 day forecast of renewals in assigned accounts.
- Assist Renewals team with ad hoc requests to meet customer need.
- Communicate risks timely and clearly.
Who You Are
- Expand knowledge of the customer environment, industry, market impact and Cisco footprint.
- Implement policies for forecasting, data quality and accuracy.
- Build an understanding of Customer and Partners procurement processes.
- Experience with CRM tools i.e., SFDC
- 7+ years of sales (quota carrying) experience in the IT industry or equivalent industries.
- Strong consultative selling background
- Experience with developing and executing win-back strategies for inactive customers.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Fluent English skills, both in speaking and writing.
- Industry certifications preferred (e.g., ITIL, PMP, COBIT, Six Sigma)
- Education: Bachelor's degree; Master’s degree preferred.
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!