Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
The CX Renewals in Customer Experience (CX) is responsible for renewing, up-selling, cross-selling and expanding Cisco's footprint in the marketplace and the processing of Technical Services / Advanced Services / Subscription / Cloud Services contracts for an assigned geography or accounts. As the brand ambassador for Cisco Services and Recurring Offers to the customer and partner, the RENEWAL MANAGER will manage and deliver on a book of business they are assigned to and will monitor and escalate any concerns they may have to the management team.
The RENEWAL MANAGER is a customer facing role that will have direct interaction with customers and partners in person, via phone, video and email mediums; therefore excellent communication skills are required.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
• Achieve sales objectives including quota and productivity requirements and other key performance indicators as determined by sales management.
• Focuses on current customers and / or partners sales in an effort to consult and sell specified renewal product / service options including multiyear and coterminous service renewals. May deal with multi-national / global renewals.
• Supports the pursuit and closure of an annuity renewal emphasizing the value of services. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining IB data and general sales requests.
• Increase penetration through cross / up-selling based on the understanding of the customers' landscape and the ability to recommend improved and / or complementary solutions.
• Collaborate cross functionally (integrated sales, inside sales, channels, delivery, operations, and partners) to build credibility, earn trust and provide a single customer facing solution and view.
• The RENEWAL MANAGER will be responsible for accurate forecasting and management of the deal through the entire lifecycle (prospecting, deal creation, close, booking, execution). Tools such as Salesforce.com, Cisco Ready Connected Experience, My Deal Manager, Cisco Commerce Workspace, and CCW-R will be used during this process.
• The RENEWAL MANAGER will have a strong interlock relationship with the CX Customer Success Adopt / Expand team and the CX Platform Connected Digital Interactions team, and leverage associated systems, processes and tools.
• Interprets and utilizes install base data to produce an accurate renewal list by customer / partner on a quarterly and annual basis and drives that information into the sales motions.
• Owns overall communications and oversees quoting and ordering escalations.
Customer Engagement and Accountability:
• May be aligned directly to an account or deployed geographically and / or based on team coverage and assignment; may sell both directly and through / with partners.
• Pro-actively engage with customers / partners on their renewal opportunities 120 days before renewal date.
• Spends > 50% of time in contact with customer; mainly interacts with IT, LOB, and key decision makers.
• Spends 25% - 50% of their time building awareness to assess customers' landscape / inventory in an effort to cross/up-sell.
• Manages multiple stakeholders to a successful customer / partner outcome.
• Strong analytical skills to provide Cisco partners and customers with insights into their business.
• The ability to manage and prioritize multiple "critical" issues.
• Ongoing self-development of skills and Cisco Service and Product knowledge where appropriate and taking part in organized training courses when applicable. Uses skill development and business knowledge to increase the productivity of the team.
• Maintains effective work behavior in the face of pressure and setbacks. Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
• The RENEWAL MANAGER will be expected to have 10+ years of Sales experience in the IT industry or equivalent industries.
• 10+ years of quota carrying experience is also expected.
• Understands basic business mathematics, financial strategies, and performance indicators, and applies that knowledge to client's economic and buying environment.
• Effectively explores interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data and objective criteria to support one's proposal.
• The candidate should have experience in building effective account plans and communicating them to stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with external customers, team, management and with Cisco Sales Team. Ensures the level of communication is appropriately focused for the audience they are communicating.
Required Experience, Skills and Alignment:
• 10+ years Sales experience in the IT industry
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business or Communications, High School Diploma or GED
• 7+ years SalesForce.com and system and data base proficiency (Oracle Service Contracts/Discovery experience a plus)
• Analytical skills to interpret data and produce summaries
• Effective customer services skills to resolve partner/customer issues
• Excellent presentation skills
• Highly developed negotiation/ influencing skills
• Excellent decision making skills, and self-reliant with the ability to make decisions.
• Positive attitude, professional work ethic and standards.
• Strong understanding and aptitude for technology.
ADD FRENCH TRANSLATION No
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.