Area of InterestCustomer Experience
You will be a customer facing role who will have direct interaction with customers and partners in person, via phone, video, and email mediums; therefore, excellent interpersonal skills are required.
What You'll Do
- Achieve sales objectives, including quota and efficiency requirements and other key performance indicators as determined by sales management.
- Focuses on customers and / or partners sales to consult and sell specified renewal product / service options, including multi-year and coterminous service renewals. May look after multinational / global renewals.
- Supports the pursuit and closure of an annuity renewal, emphasizing the value of services. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining IB data and general sales requests.
- Increase penetration through cross / up-selling based on the understanding of the customers' landscape and able to recommend improved and / or complementary solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally (integrated sales, inside sales, channels, delivery, operations, and partners) to build credibility, earn trust and provide a single customer-facing solution and view.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting and management of the deal through the entire lifecycle (prospecting, deal creation, close, booking, execution). Tools such as Salesforce.com, Cisco Ready Connected Experience, My Deal Manager, Cisco Commerce Workspace, and CCW-R will be used during this process.
- Possess a strong interlock relationship with the CX Customer Success Adopt / Expand team and the CX Platform Connected Digital Interactions team and influence associated systems, processes, and tools.
- Interpret and apply install base data to produce an accurate renewal list by customer / partner on a quarterly and annual basis and drives that information into the sales motions.
- Owns overall communications and coordinates quoting and ordering critical issues.
Customer Engagement and Accountability:
- May be aligned directly to an account or deployed geographically and / or based on team coverage and assignment; may sell both directly and through / with partners.
- Proactively engage with customers / partners on their renewal opportunities 120 days before the renewal date.
- Spends > 50% of the time in contact with the customer; mainly interacts with IT, LOB, and key decision-makers.
- Spends 25% - 50% of their time building awareness to assess customers' landscape / inventory in an effort to cross/up-sell.
- Handles multiple collaborators to a successful customer / partner outcome.
- Strong analysis skills to provide Cisco partners and customers with insights into their business.
- Handle and prioritize multiple "critical" issues.
- Ongoing self-development of skills and Cisco Service and Product knowledge where appropriate and taking part in organized training courses when applicable. Uses skill development and business knowledge to increase the efficiency of the team.
- Maintains effective work behavior in the face of pressure and setbacks. Efficiently adapts to changing demands and conditions.
Who You'll Work With
This role resides in the Customer Experience organization, one of Cisco’s fastest-growing teams that deliver profitable growth throughout the customer lifecycle with a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
Who You Are
- The Renewal Manager will be encouraged to have over 5 years of Sales experience and quota-carrying in the Technology industry or equivalent industries.
- Understands basic business mathematics, financial strategies, and performance indicators and applies that knowledge to the client's economic and buying environment.
- Optimally explores interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data and objective criteria to support one's proposal.
- The candidate should have experience in building effective account plans and presenting them to collaborators.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with external customers, team, management, and with Cisco Sales Team. Ensures the level of communication is appropriately focused for the audience they are presenting.
Required Experience, Skills, and Alignment:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business or Communications, High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency in SalesForce.com and system and database proficiency (Oracle Service Contracts/Discovery experience a plus)
- Analytical skills to interpret data and produce summaries
- Effective customer services skills to resolve partner/customer issues
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly developed negotiation/influencing skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and self-reliance with the ability to make decisions.
- Positive demeanor, professional work ethic, and standards.
- Strong understanding and passion for technology.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aiming for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.