Location:Offsite, Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
The Customer Experience Renewal Manager (RM) role is a highly visible, strategic position to empower key customers to continue to transform their business and meet their objectives through Cisco solutions.
You will be accountable for owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts of Cisco products and services across an assigned customer account base. RM's work with customer executives, partners and across Cisco teams to develop a holistic, deep view of customer requirements and objectives and define a strategy to drive renewals to on-time closure, as well as minimize renewals risk and financial attrition. You will bring strong knowledge of negotiation strategies and orchestrate cross-functional resources across the company and with partners to provide a unified path to secure every renewal.
Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Drive CX Renewals motion with the customer and lead a team of Cisco resources for all renewal activities from opportunity identification to negation to close. Resources include Account team, Service sellers, Product specialists, CX Delivery, Customer Success, Asset managers, Cisco legal among others.
- Focus on selling the existing portfolio (Services, DNA and Security subscriptions) and new offers
- Renew, up-sell and close on-time contracts in assigned territory
- Increase sales penetration at existing accounts
- Support Account Manager in negotiations to drive integrity of the renewal portion of the agreement
- Understand customers’ and partners’ procurement process
- Monitor and report state of customer relationships, pipeline, and forecasts
- Monitor quote creation progress to mitigate contract closure risks.
- Maintain internal and external relationships in support of closing the sale
- Build deep relationships with customer executives and partners to understand objectives and accelerate their path to value
- Utilize data and insights from cross-functional resources to co-create the customer renewal sales strategy with the account team; play a key role in developing the integrated account plan and success plan
- Conduct quarterly onsite visits with specific customers, partners and account teams to ensure continued satisfaction
- Understand the overall industry environment
- Attend and present at internal meetings with other company organizations that are necessary to perform duties; aid business development
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- Analyze data and trends to identify growth opportunities
Who You'll Work With
This role resides in the Customer Experience organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams that delivers profitable growth throughout the customer lifecycle with a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
Who You Are
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills
- Process Expert: Strong process management skills and financial acumen with the ability to effectively develop and implement policies for forecasting, data quality and accuracy
- 7+ years of leadership experience with a solid focus on negotiating contracts and strategy
- 5+ years of experience with subscription and software offers
- Education: Bachelor degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Industry certifications preferred (e.g. ITIL, PMP, COBIT, Six Sigma)
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in shaping the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!