Regional Sales Manager
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent.
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more significant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
- You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.
You'll be part a team that authentically cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be supported and encouraged at Cisco.
What You'll Do
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for motivating and developing and leading a worldwide team of direct and indirect reports including Global Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Business Transformation teams, Services sellers and delivery teams, Cisco Capital, Advanced Technology teams (Product Sales Specialists and Consulting Systems Engineers), Partner resources, Strategic Engagement teams, Legal and Marketing.
Who You'll Work With
A global team passionate about sales support and overall customer happiness for our Enterprise West Sales organization.
Who You Are
You will be accountable for an annual booking/revenue quota. This management position is responsible for driving overall Cisco revenue growth specific to Enterprise West. You will have overall sales leadership responsibilities.
Role & Responsibilities
You’ll bring these key performance traits to this role:
- Global Enterprise Segment Northeast Area and Operation Strategy & Execution Priorities - Identifying, developing and implementing key initiatives.
- Go to Market Sales Model - Leading /coaching teams through transformation with Account Planning/Opportunity Identification, Business Relevant / Customer Value Selling, Business Disciplines, Challenger Sales Strategy
- Financial Performance - Exceeding bookings goal (by geography, architecture and vertical), handling opex goal, and maintaining forecast accuracy; Providing visibility and in depth knowledge into numbers (customer insights, macro/micro trends, consumption models)
- Team Development - Attracting, developing and retaining high performance Account Team talent (career development, mentoring, performance management and hiring).
- Building Capability and Leading Change - Strategically leading and influencing your own team along with integrated cross-functional teams including the Business Transformation Team, Services, Capital, Partners, Advanced Technology teams (Collaboration, Network Transformation, Security, Data Center), Software, Marketing, and others.
- Focusing on contributing to the long term success of US Enterprise by being a collaborative leader among your peers. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will be expected to strategically drive Cisco's end-to-end vision, as well as maintain an in-depth understanding of daring conditions, industry practices, market opportunities, and customer requirements. This key leadership role will continue the development of our sales delivery model through the capability development of our highly talented and motivated sales organization. Setting a vision and building strategic business decision-making capability to the next level will be a major factor for success in this position.
You will be able to motivate, inspire, and continually develop your teams and channel partners while seeking new competitors as Cisco continues to gain market share outside its core networking business. Your strong background in executive-level communication with experience building customer and partner relationships, and territory planning and segmentation will be a true asset for this opportunity. You must possess both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process. You will be involved in positioning and promoting the partner value proposition, leading account managers in the development and expansion of opportunities, and reinforcing existing relationships.
∙ BA degree - MBA or graduate degree preferred.
∙ 5+ years of management roles selling solutions to senior executives at named accounts
∙ Consistent track record handling significant revenue responsibility and or profit/loss center and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
∙ Must provide specific examples of closing large, strategic deals to global customers.
∙ Understanding a broad range of Cisco technologies.
∙ Business Development and strategy experience required.
∙ Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
∙ Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
∙ Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy ∙ Strong leadership skills in mentoring and developing a sales organization for 50+ people
∙ Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
∙ Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
∙ Global travel may be required.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.