Regional Sales Manager - Velocity
Location:Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Additional Location(s)Sub Saharen Africa MEA
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks a Regional Manager to lead an exciting new team within Africa to manage the velocity region that spreads across West Central, East and Southern Africa.
You will create a strong and distinctive high-performance team culture that will attract and retain the best sales talent in the industry. You will embrace diversity of opinion and ideas and will always seek to do the right thing for your team, for your customers, for society and for Cisco. You will be expected to:
· Develop and grow the Velocity region
- Develop and implement strategies to exceed sales objectives through effective use of direct and extended team resources
- Understand the broader business climate, competitive environment to successfully capture business opportunity
- Develop Cisco channel landscape by motivating traditional partners to invest in the region; drive a GTM strategy with Cisco distributors to acquire and grow the two tier partners; and build an e-commerce and SPaaCh network to scale to smaller businesses across the region”
- Develop and own key executive relationships across the region.
- Represent your team and Cisco with the relevant vertical industry bodies.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain top sales talent into your team
- Perform continuous coaching, and mentoring
- Effectively motivate your team, supporting development through direct feedback
- Work successfully in a collaborative, matrix management organization structure.
- Foster and facilitate a collaborative team environment where every team member is empowered and accountable.
- Inspire the team to see what is possible, and get them to work outside of their comfort zone within a safe environment
- Forecasting accurately for each week, month and quarter
Who You'll Work With
You’ll lead a diverse team of Sales, Channel and engineering to develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco opportunity within the customer environment and maximize our partner’s profit. Along with sales planning, you're responsible for accurate forecasting and delivering on quota. Direct customer contact will comprise a large portion of this assignment and you will have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process.
Who You Are
You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a great teammate and love to learn.
You bring 5+ years of proven success in sales management of a technical sales organization in Africa; with experience of managing a diverse team of account managers and systems engineers.
With 5 or more years of IT sales experience with large customers and able to provide specific examples of closing large strategic deals.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.