Regional Sales Manager, US Navy
Location:Washington, District of Columbia, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Compensation Range270400 USD - 438500 USD
What you'll do
You will lead a group of people that are passionate about technology and the mission of the United States Navy. Are you looking to build a sales career at an established and evolving company? As a Regional Sales Manager at Cisco you’ll play a pivotal role in the sales strategy and process. You’ll help advance the Department of Defense Sales team and support strategic initiatives for the US Navy.
Who You’ll Work With
The DoD vision is innovating and supporting the capabilities of the Navy through the power of people and technology. Our Organization is focused on the all aspects and strategies of the Navy globally. Our Defense Team has an incredible culture built upon Focused Execution, Technical Excellence, Teamwork and Fun!
Who You Are
You are strong in executive-level communication, building customer and partner relationships, and territory planning and segmentation. You have senior level mentoring skills and have the goal of transforming the Cisco value proposition to our customers while focusing on business outcomes rather than simply product sales. You have an understanding of IT market transitions, including cloud and IoT.
What You'll Do:
- You will positioning and promoting our value to both customers and partners, leading account managers in the development and expansion of opportunities, and reinforcing existing relationships
- Developing and executing strategy and tactics that improve Cisco's opportunities in the defense market
- Direct customer executive engagement comprising a major portion of this assignment
- You will be responsible for an annual booking/revenue quota with significant growth in subsequent years with sales planning and accurate forecasting
- You possess strategic business logic and being able to succeed as a leader and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment
- You'll be building and maintaining a positive work environment, while building trust and respect among your team, extended team resources, and the partner ecosystem.
- You will focus on your people with talent development
Your Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years Sales Experience in account and channel; And at least 3 years Sales manager experience is preferred
- Secret Clearance required or the ability to be cleared post-hire
- Specific examples of winning large, strategic projects with solution selling
- Creative thinking and systematic execution to lead the team
- Require understanding of the Defense/Navy sector and government acquisition processes.
- Desire to coach account managers developing their sales skills and technical knowledge to lead customer discussions to advance the sales process
- Motivate and develop the Account Managers. Engaging internal supporting teams and external partner teams as one team
- Ability to making critical resource decisions that apply both corporate and account team resources to new opportunities
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that our defense customers consume. We do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.