Regional Sales Manager - Public Sector South Africa (Sourcing Req)
Location:Johannesburg, South Africa
Area of InterestSales - Product
Cisco South Africa seeks a Regional Sales Manager with a strong background in executive-level communication, building customer and partner relationships, and territory planning, segmentation, and execution.
This role involves positioning and promoting the partner value proposition, leading account managers in the pipeline development and expansion, as revenue performance; building new customer and partner relationships and reinforcing existing relationships, and representing company in front of local government.
- Lead and manage sales force including both account manager team and system engineering team, and advocate people development efforts
- Be responsible for an annual booking/revenue quota with significant growth in subsequent years.
- Develop and execute sales strategy and tactics that maximize Cisco opportunity within the customer environment
- Along with sales planning, be responsible for accurate forecasting
- Direct customer contact will comprise a major portion of this assignment
- Need to make important resource decisions that apply both corporate and account team resources to new opportunities
Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of sales / BD experience with intensive management experience leading a diverse sales and technical team in the South Africa Public Sector environment.
- Possess strategic business sense in balance with strong execution capability to deliver result, and can succeed as a leader and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment
- Must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process
- Must have experience in sales through channel partners
- Must have experience with larger, more complex deals as well as with offers-led, turnkey offers through channel partners and distributors
- Understand a broad range of Cisco technologies required
- BS degree – Master level Business qualification preferred
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.