Regional Engagement Manager (Intern) - Mexico
Location:Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Supply Chain Operations
Join our industry recognized Supply Chain Operations team. Over the last 10 years, Cisco’s Supply Chain has been among the top 10 global supply chains on Gartner’s annual Top 25 Supply Chain list.
The Cisco Supply Chain is responsible for new product introductions, manufacturing, logistics, sourcing and procurement, planning & fulfilment, quality, sustainability, supply chain security and many other functions.
Taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers, whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions.
As an intern, you will be stepping into a fast-paced environment, while working in high-impact roles. With lots of support from management and colleagues, you will experience a sense of community and fun, while having the opportunity to learn and grow.
Start a truly rewarding career at Cisco Supply Chain!
Watch the Cisco Supply Chain introduction video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19v-RmpAp4Q
What you will learn with us?
You will be part of Supply Chain team in Guadalajara who are dedicated to providing our customers an unrivaled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain.
The opportunities to learn at Cisco vary by the function, as well as the projects that you are working on.
• Participate in the strategic planning process for Cisco Supply Chain Operations
• Work as part of the Supply Chain Transformation team identifying trends, challenges and opportunities in the Cisco Europe region.
• Sense and report on key supply chain trends leading the industry
• Assist with identifying regional sales priorities
• Assist with identifying regional geo-political implications to Cisco Supply Chain
• Work with a global team to identify strategic transformations that could impact Cisco business success
• Collaborate with several supply chain functions to uncover regional challenges in our supply chain management
• Build executive summaries of findings and share with leadership teams
• Use state of the art digital and collaborative tools while learning from your talented colleagues.
What will you bring to us?
• You are a self-starter, and thrive in an environment with an agenda for change, growth, innovation, and visionary behavior.
• You can demonstrate the ability to operate continually at an ""up-tempo"" pace in a dynamic, fast moving culture.
• You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS/etc) or Master’s Degree program majoring in Business Administration, Supply chain management, Statistics, Manufacturing, Logistics or other relevant Supply chain Operations disciplines.
• You have an excellent academic record with a Minimum CGPA of 3.0.
• You have a solid understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
• You possess creative problem solving skills and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
• You have good English verbal and written skills.
• You are able to live and work in the country of your application, with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco.
• You are able to start in January 2019.
What Cisco offers you
• Room to play: at Cisco, you will be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it is better to try and fail than not try at all.
• We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills.
• Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They are strengths we look for in every employee.
Why you will love Cisco
• Cisco is ranked in the Top-30 Best Places to Work globally by Fortune and LinkedIn – you’ll be joining a world recognized brand with a great reputation.
• We are proud to have a strong culture of openness, trust and fun. Work together with like-minded innovators, some of the best brains in the business, in a supportive, connected and technologically advanced environment.
• You’ll be connected to people and information through the best collaboration tools and technologies.
What Bart says about being an Intern at Cisco Supply Chain
“During my time as an intern I got full responsibility for an international project from day one.
As part of my assignment I spent 4 days in the Czech Republic and had to collaborate with different departments within Cisco. I really appreciated all the time and effort they invested in me. In fact,
I enjoyed working at Cisco so much that I am now employed by them.”