RTL Design Engineer | 4 to 9 years | Req. ID 1341507
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Come join us and take part in crafting Cisco’s groundbreaking Service Provider and Enterprise solutions by crafting some of the most complex chips being developed in the industry with the opportunity to get full exposure to all aspects of the systems and applications we build (Silicon, Hardware, Software, telemetry, security, etc). Our group offers an unusual combination of a startup culture with the benefits of working for the top tier networking company in the world!
What You'll Do
We are looking for an expert and talented ASIC Engineer. You will have an ASIC design background with hands-on experience in design, verification, physical design, system testing, with in-depth knowledge of ASIC/SoC development cycle, the best industry practices, from specification through tape-out and lab validation, and a consistent track record of success in high-performance/high-volume products.
- Architectural work: in-depth understanding of the architecture, and identification of problems and solutions.
- All aspects of implementation: specification, design, verification, timing-closure, power-optimization, and flow automation.
- Physical design work: timing path analysis, optimization of the logic for low power and area; highlighting issues and standard methodologies for power and area optimization.
- Document and improve standard methodologies to make product successful.
- Lead other specialists in project achievements: schedule, power, area.
Who You Are
- Worked in architecture and definition of high-scale, high-performance ASICs.
- Validated experience in implementation: specification, design, verification, formal verification, system testing.
- Validated experience in physical design aspects: timing analysis and closure, power/area optimizations, macro size/placement analysis.
- Validated experience in high bandwidth memory subsystems and timing closure.
- Validated experience in flow automation (scripting, Makefile, etc), and establishing guidelines for the team.
- Good social skills, and validated leadership to accurately describe issues/improvements and lead team for on-time completion.
- 4+ years of hands on experience in large-scale, high-performance ASICs.
- BE/MS in ECE/CS.
- Understanding of networking and networking processors
- End-to-end design experience from Verilog to gates, block planning, area/timing closure is helpful.
- RTL development and verification (VCS, System Verilog, UVM/OVM, Formal verification)
- Experienced in system debug and SW/HW bringup, system validation of silicon towards FCS.
- Gate-level understanding of RTL and Synthesis
- Programming/scripting skills (C, C++, Perl)
- Hardware Emulation Platforms and tools (such as EVE, Veloce)
- 2+ years of meaningful experience
- Good written/verbal communication skills and leadership skills.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.