RPA Software Engineer (Internship)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development
Start date: February 2023
Location: Lisbon, Portugal (hybrid)
We are looking for an undergraduate to join us in a 6-month RPA Software Engineer internship program at an exciting and transformational time. This role provides opportunities to work with the latest evolution of Cisco’s supply chain to Cloud solutions as part of a new team in Portugal. You will work with the brightest minds in one of the world’s leading IT companies and gain experience in a wide range of technologies.
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
What you will do:
Within a small, global agile team:
- Be a critical part of the development team by implementing and automating business critical and complex software applications
- Apply software engineering best practices along with a continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI/CD) first mindset in a scrum team
- Maintain and expand knowledge and skills of current and emerging technologies to improve existing Cisco Supply Chain applications
- Present, share and demonstrate your work to team members and stakeholders
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, with solid academic foundations in software engineering disciplines, working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree:
· Degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Digital Technologies and Automation or similar courses (being a student for the duration of the internship is a must).
- Hands-on Robotic Process Automation (RPA) knowledge e.g.: UiPath, Selenium, Power Apps;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Understanding of workflow-based logic;
- Knowledge of deployment and maintenance of applications in a staging/production environment, supported by automated CI/CD pipelines. This includes working with common source code control tools such as Git, Jenkins and Bitbucket;
- Familiarity with Web Services, JSON and Cloud ERP e.g: Oracle Cloud ERP;
- Understanding of Agile development practices and methodologies;
What we offer and why you will love Cisco
At Cisco we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance.
Onsite office facilities include: free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office; Coffee corners with gaming areas; Medical room, Sewing service and Self-service food service.
At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the Portugal, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application – Hiring Team Video Interview – Technical Interview – Management Interview.
- You must be able to legally live and work in Portugal without visa support or sponsorship.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.