RF Manufacturing Test Engineer, Meraki
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters - like teaching children, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work!
Cisco Meraki has grown to become an industry leader in the IT space, with over 500,000 plus customers and with over 3 million active networks and counting around the world. We have a comprehensive set of solutions which allows customers to seize new business opportunities and reduce operational costs. Meraki is known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
WHAT YOU'LL OWN
· Be the “go-to” expert on RF manufacturing tests.
· Work onsite with JDMs & other vendors to bring-up new RF test processes, as needed.
· Encourage and require the JDMs to document & follow standard processes for NPI, Sustaining & RMA activities.
· Enforce & review SoP docs and SPC specs (Yield, Cpk, GR&R), during production phase transitions and periodically for sustaining production.
· Conduct audits of factory processes, with focus on the RF portions of the production line.
· Provide oversight & guidance during critical production stages.
WHAT YOU BRING
· 5+ years of experience at an electronics manufacturing factory, preferably on all aspects of RF testing for BLE, WiFi, LTE & 5G products.
· Hands-on experience in troubleshooting RF issues.
· High comfort level in using RF test instrumentation such as Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, various types of power meters, one-box testers from LightPoint or Keysight, LTE/5G testers such as the R&S CMW500 or Keysight’s UXM series.
· Working knowledge of statistical methods (SPC, AQL), as used in a Mfg. context.
· Working familiarity with networking concepts (LAN vs. WAN, DHCP, DNS) to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
· Clarity in documenting issues. Persistence in following up on root cause analysis & corrective actions by responsible parties.
· Excellent communication skills with internal teams and external partners.
· Position is based in Taiwan but must be willing to travel around the Asia/Pacific region and occasionally to the US.
· BS/MS in IE/EE/ME/CS or equivalent.
· Proficiency in Google Docs / MS Office
· Knowledge of any programming language (preferably scripting), for ad hoc testing of product issues.
· Mandarin & English language skills
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.