RAN Validation and Design Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do
You will design, plan, optimize, support, and manage all RAN components and elements, spanning across LTE, 5G-NSA and 5G-SA technologies.
We are looking for a proactive, detailed-oriented engineer with strong technical and communication skills. Technical skills to include End-to-End understanding of 3GPP LTE, 5G-SA and NSA Radio Access Networks Protocols, Procedures, RF Optimization, Capacity Dimensioning, Above Clutter, Below Clutter, and In-Building Network Topology Design, and basic Network Operations. Communications skills to include clear verbal, written communications, and excellent presentation skills.
Join our cross-functional network infrastructure team as a RAN Validation and Design Engineer developing mission critical carrier grade networks.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated professional with an established track record validating, building and supporting mission critical RAN networks. You have acquired proficiency and vital experience in the following areas:
RAN/O-RAN [5G SA/NSA] Validation: The successful candidate will be able to:
- Design: operational, performance and capacity tests for aggregate O-RAN validation, evaluate the results of these tests as part of the O-RAN Certification process
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and certify O-RAN individual components [RU, DU, CU]
- Design FOA operational, performance, and capacity evaluation criteria and assess the results
RAN/O-RAN Network Design and Integration: The successful candidate will be able to:
- Design, optimize, configure, and troubleshoot O-RAN deployment applications
- Evaluate initial operation, performance and utilization of O-RAN deployments
- Troubleshoot any issues arising during O-RAN deployments
Underlying Skills and Experience Requirements
- Clear and practical understanding of E2E call flow: 3GPP UTRAN, 5GNR [SA/NSA]
- 3+ years’ experience with 24x7 RAN network operations: NOC or Technical Operations/Site Reliability environment
- Experience with the cellular monitoring& traffic simulation tools
- Experience with IP routing/switching domain
- BS/BE or MS/ME in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines, or equivalent 5 years of experience.
- 5++ years of experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.