Quality Engineer / Business Analyst 1250181
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
This is a rare opportunity to join the Supply Chain Quality Engineer (SCQE) organization that is responsible for driving quality services for all Cisco products and services. Within the SCQE organization, the Quality/Business Program Manager will be a member of the Software Quality Transformation (SWQT) team. This person will serve as a subject-matter authority who will advise the team on Software / Hardware Metrics and provide actionable analysis to improve quality for Cisco products and services. The analysis and insights will be utilized by several Cisco Business Units to increase operational efficiency and improve quality.
Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Gathering quality requirements and data for Cisco products
- Providing recommendations for quality improvement and governance that will be leveraged by several Cisco Business Units
- Communicating proposals, strategies and status to Cisco Executives
- Documenting business requirements and analyzing data to provide appropriate metrics and performance KPIs to business users
- Researching, analyzing and recommending technical approaches for solving customer issues related to quality, reliability and customer experience of Cisco offerings
Who You Will Work With
As a member of the SCQE team, you will be responsible for helping various software engineering teams manage their products and services. You will collaborate with several teams including Product Development and Engineering, InfoSec, IT, Service Providers, Customer Success, Technical Services, and Finance.
Who You Are
You are an authority in software / hardware metrics, cloud technology and have extensive experience in architecting, defining, and managing performance and quality of full end-to-end Software Development, Cloud and SaaS solutions. The position’s preferred qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or Software Engineering is a requirement.
- 7+ years of experience in software quality assurance in a quality transformation lead role; involvement in product development or production quality software for the entire product life cycle.
- Trusted advisor on software and hardware metrics and key performance indicators.
- Strong knowledge performing data analysis and presenting findings, analysis and recommendations to executives and business users.
- Industry knowledge on modern software quality trends, best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely technical concepts and design recommendations to engineering audience as well as executives.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.