QA Tester Analyst SP&R
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who We Are
Cisco enjoys a unique position and is leveraging our unprecedented capability to secure the network through intelligence derived from data collected on a global scale. Billions of times a day, computers around the world connect with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud and rely on the AMP product to protect them against sophisticated forms of malware.
Some malware is straightforward to identify, but antivirus has done that forever. Our customers need protection against malware that is tricky to identify, such as:
Viruses that generate different binaries on every machine they infect
Things that seem benign until you start looking closely at their behaviour/pattern
Malicious programs that have invented new ways of hiding themselves
To make the problem even more exciting - it may only become clear after a few days that a program or behavior was malicious.
Does finding that sound fun to you?
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Orbital engineering team is a collaborative team that is a part of the world’s largest security organization. You will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and thriving work culture that fosters team empowerment, self-organization and decision-making. You will be part of an established but growing organization that continues to be a leader in the security industry.
We expect dedication and drive during business hours, but we believe high performance comes from having time to rest and recharge. We are involved with all stages of the product development process with a focus on driving quality improvements that delight our customers.
What You'll Do
- Perform regression testing to ensure product changes are implemented accurately.
- Design, author, and execute test cases and scenarios from spec docs.
- Execute exploratory testing and build test cases.
- Coordinate and curate bug database between releases.
- Collect customer and tier3 feedback and triage into issues.
- Monitor test automation system and surface issues with the test-automation team. - Assist the documentation team with screenshots and use-cases.
What You Have
- Excellent communication skills.
- 2+ years in a full time QA role in a modern software stack.
- Experience crafting and executing manual tests.
- Experience writing and triaging bugs.
- A love of exploring, testing, and breaking software.
- Comfort working with and in Unix-based OSes such as Linux
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!