QA Automation Lead Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who we are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the CX Engineering and Product Incubation (EPI) group is transforming how Cisco thinks about delivering value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Engineering organization is the team that is in the epicenter of developing modern, cloud native technologies in support of the evolving CX Product portfolio. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead robust, distributed engineering teams that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What You’ll Do
As a QA Automation Lead, you will:
- Team with robust track team that develops and delivers cloud native functionalities using true agile methodologies.
- Groom, analyze and prioritize requirements You’ll.design, develop, test and deploy features.
- As a role model for team members, you’ll define and follow test engineering best practices, and deliver quality products. You’ll be encouraged to come up with innovative/smart automation capabilities and framework development/optimization and build a culture of excellence.
- Need to have a comprehensive understanding of software development and standard methodologies, especially in the area of software quality assurance. Day to day activities include configuring, deploying, testing, and debugging software in, local, and cloud based environments such AWS. In particular, there is an expectation of working microservices and serverless cloud based application.
You would be accountable & responsible for:
- End-to-End test plan and test case creation, as well as execution, and reporting. This includes a deep analysis of software features and understanding the testing needs of the feature, and what would need to be addressed in any future regressions, especially as it pertains to test case automation. You will need a technical oriented perspective, and must also see the requirements as needed by the customer. You must have a desire to either break or push functionality beyond what is specified.
- Assist development with any vital setup and reproduction as well as debugging in any of the non-production and production environments. This also includes the automation of customer found issues for reproduction.
- Participate in the software development work flow and seek and commit any needed code changes or code reviews within the project that assists in the maintainability, debugging, or automation of any functionality.
- Be willing to learn, adapt, and adopt new technologies as needed in the areas of hardware, software platforms, and development and test frameworks.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend tools associated with various aspects of the QA workflow.
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be working with product owners to groom user stories. You’ll team up with technical architects to design and develop features. You’ll partner with solution and performance engineering to deliver a high quality product. Most importantly, you’ll work with extraordinary peers who share your values and always have your back.
Who You Are
You have the passion for technology and learning. You strive for perfection and efficiency. You like complex problems and solving them with innovative ideas. You enjoy working with your colleagues and collaborate on ideas to improve application. You love writing tests and any other automation hacks to improve efficiency and quality.
You Are Highly Capable Of:
- 8+ years of experience in software testing and development
- Good in Manual testing procedures & Concepts. Able to think of multiple scenarios for a functionality. Should have “break the code” attitude.
- Good in Testcase writing, Test Planning, Estimation (Manual & Automation)
- Very good in Rest services testing (Manual & Automation). Should have used Rest services automation tools (like Rest Assured)
- Experience in Programming, able to write programs using Core Java.
- Should be able to adopt new technologies / programming languages easily.
- Should have worked in automation tools (Cypress / Selenium WebDriver / Protractor / TestNG) and developed automation framework.
- Should be good in DB queries
- Should be ready to work in both manual & automation
- Experience in AWS (EC2, S3, VPC..),Kubernetes & Dockers will be a plus
- Experience with GoLang will be plus
Icing On The Cake:
- You love to tackle technical challenges with courage and creativity.
- Your humility enables you to learn from others and earn their respect
- Your attention to detail helps you deliver quality products
- Your drive inspires others to follow your footsteps
Core Value Of Ours:
The CX Cloud organization takes a hard stance on ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity and that we don't keep going to the same pool of people to find our talent. This isn't lip service. Diversity to us means racial, gender, traditional and non-traditional educations, country of origin, LGBTQ, veterans, age, people who think differently, are from different industries, any and all ways that will give our organization better insights to our diverse customers and make for a phenomenal work environment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!