QA/Automation Engineer, CX Platform, Krakow (S1285826)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with a team dedicated to bringing the customer user experience to life. We have many opportunities to contribute and the team greatly appreciates feedback and suggestions. We want the customer experience to be seamless. As a QA team, we are co-located with our development team and work with them in tandem throughout the product life cycle. You'll find that individuals are hardworking, receptive to re-thinking an approach, and excited to share their knowledge.
What You'll Do
Who You Are
Your teammates consider you to be diligent and highly attentive to detail. As a result, you have a record of contributing to projects with a deep technical knowledge that allows us to deliver highly useful and productive tools to our customers to bring them the very best customer experience possible.
At minimum, we expect you to have a BS in Computer Science or a comparable technical degree with a minimum of 6-8 years of work experience, particularly in software development testing and automation using some of the latest technologies as outlined in the overview above.
- Bachelors /. Masters in CS / CE / EE with 8+ years experience
- Extensive networking experience
- Strong development workflow skills with Git/GitLab
- Strong Unix skills
- The ability to fully test and automate REST based APIs
- MongoDB and the ability to create complex queries as well as verify characteristics of performance.
- Experience with detailed test plan and test case creation
- The desire to break code and understand why
- From a QA and problem-solving perspective, it isn’t enough to just find and report, but rather to fully characterize and in some cases be able to articulate a solution or needed changes.
- Conduct any needed automation code reviews
- Experience using either Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Helm Charts in a GIT workflow.
- The ability to deploy performant and highly available services as infrastructure within Kubernetes.
- superior debugging and testing skills (i.e. ability to localize problem areas)
- Understand new market requirements and contribute to development.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.